O

Design A Landspeed Record Challenger Gb

Started by Overkiller, September 16, 2007, 01:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

From the FIA pages on records:

Category C

Special Vehicles in accordance with definition under Article 13

These vehicles may be sub-divided according to the type of engine used (jet, rocket, etc.). 

Article 13 of the International Sporting Code : 

Land Vehicle, Automobile, Special Vehicle, Ground Effect Vehicle 

Land Vehicle :
Vehicle propelled by its own means in constant contact with the ground either directly by mechanical means or indirectly by ground effect, and the motive power and steering system of which are constantly and entirely controlled by a driver on board the vehicle. 

Automobile :
A land vehicle propelled by its own means, running on at least four wheels not aligned, which must always be in contact with the ground; the steering must be ensured by at least two of the wheels, and the propulsion by at least two of the wheels. 

Special Vehicles :
Vehicles on at least four wheels which are propelled otherwise than through their wheels. 

Ground Effect Vehicle :
Vehicle whose bearing on the ground is maintained by means of a pressurised air cushion.

(So I stand corrected and ground effect vehicles [hovercraft rather than WIG though] are included as Land Vehicles for the purposes of record establishment.)

Also attached is the class/category breakdown for Classes A & B.

Jon

jcf

Jeffry Fontaine

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

jcf

The Kiwis have entered the LSR fray, evidently aiming at first the NZ and then the Oz records.

http://www.jetblack.co.nz/site/cms/home

The car is a two-seater and they are stating that program supporters will get a chance to take a ride.  ;D
Jon

philp

LSR Bus...

I do have the old Monogram S'cool Bus kit.  Course, that is a dragster so would take a little modification to the interior to get seats back in.  But the body would work.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Mossie

Quick, someone check Coventry Transport Museum, the Kiwis are nicking Thrust 2!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

New Poll is out and we are tied for 3rd with 5 being picked this time.  If you haven't already, get over there and vote.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kitbasher

Could I have a two week extension please? (question is always asked, might as well get it out of the way now!);D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

SSgt Baloo

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 06, 2008, 10:13:13 AM
The Kiwis have entered the LSR fray, evidently aiming at first the NZ and then the Oz records.

http://www.jetblack.co.nz/site/cms/home

The car is a two-seater and they are stating that program supporters will get a chance to take a ride.  ;D
Jon

Didn't Batman used to drive that? ;D
Not older than dirt but remembers when it was still under warranty.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

Guys, we've dropped to 4th place in the latest Poll which ends tomorrow.
Top 5 get in but would like us to be a little higher up.
Tell all your friends who haven't voted yet.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies