Sea Vixen With A Diffrence.

Started by Martin H, September 19, 2007, 11:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Need I say any more?

ok its a Novo seavixen that ive had hanging around half built for at leat 8-9 years. long since lost the decals for it and two of the main gear door so I decided it was play time. markings are off an xtradecal sheet for the F3H demon.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

upnorth

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

The Rat

As it should have been...

:D  :thumbsup:  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

anthonyp

Excellent!  Looks good in those colours!

:thumbsup:  :cheers:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Brian da Basher

Nice work, Mr Higgs! Looks killer in USN colors and markings! Top shelf!
:salute:
Brian da Basher

Howard of Effingham

hmm, i hope martin that we will see this one on sunday.  :D it looks good to me.

until you said i thought that you had got the markings from one of the fuijimi cutlass
kits with similar markings from the same USN sqn.
Keeper of George the Cat.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Martin H

all it needs now is an old style USN type ID.  any one willing to have a go?
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Captain Canada

Nice one, Hig....I mean, Martin !   ;)  I agree with the boys, she does look right at home in those colours. I like the weapons load as well...looks like one mean SoB !

It also appears that the guy who placed the 'NAVY' decal might of sipped a few pints before applying it......

:P

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

van883

Mossie

Quoteall it needs now is an old style USN type ID.  any one willing to have a go?
Well, Martin would be an obvious choice, so FM-2??? :P

Other licence build options, given that the FAW.2 was the second type & the naval version first flew in '54:
Chance Vought F8U-2
Grumman F12F-2
McDonnel F4H-2
North American F2J-2

If your looking at de Havilland being prime contractor than FG-2 would be probable, as Goodyear hadn't built an aircraft for the Navy for a few years (the codes would get re-used) & 'G' would be the first manufacturer code available.  Other options for de Havilland, FM-2, FN-2, FP-2, FS-2, FW-2, FX-2, FY-2, FZ-2.

This code 'FG-2' breaks down to F (fighter), no number due to it being the first de Havilland fighter aircraft to be designated, G the manufacturer's designation, -2 being the second variant of that aircraft in service (assuming the FAW.1 got there first).  Phew!!! :wacko:

This is my understanding of US Navy codes from having a look for one suitable for my P-40 floatplane, someone better qualified may be able to spot any mistakes I made!

PS, Oh yeah, a certain Geordie is going to just love this!!!  :o  French one next????? :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Joe C-P

Yeah, baby! That's what I like!

B)  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

JoeP :thumbsup:  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Archibald

Very cool!
We all know the F-3H Demon was doomed by the J-40 turbojet failure, so USN had no other choice than buying Sea Vixen to replace its old F-3D Skyknight!

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.