Raaf Corsair

Started by NARSES2, September 23, 2007, 02:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

It's late 1946 and the Commonwealth/French forces in Indo-China are preparing to invade Japanese occupied Southern China.

As part of this plan some RAAF Spitfire squadrons are converted to fly F4U-4 Corsairs (Corsair V in Commonwealth service) to operate in the ground attack/close support role during the invasion.

This aircraft is pictured whilst flying from recently captured bases on Hainan.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Kit is the Hobby Boss F4U-4 which is a nice easy (almost snap fit) build

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

Nice one, Narses! I really like that color of green you used. This is one very clean build!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

NARSES2

Markings are from the spares box - I think the serial is actually the CA15 prototype

NARSES2

Had planed to use a real Australian Spit squadron but my old sheet of Almark RAF codes finally died on me  :(

Xtracrylic USAF Mid Green and Hellbleu are the main colours used to represent foliage green and sky blue

NARSES2

Final shot of what was an enjoyable fairly quick build. BUT one does wonder why I went and got a HObby Boss kit when I've at least 8 assorted Accademy/Hasegawa/Tamiya Corsairs in the stash ?  :huh:  

Rafael

OOoooh!!!, Lovable!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I have a soft spot for Corsairs!!!

Brother Narses, this is a beauty!!!

The scheme you chose makes it look very non-US and the loadout is impressive!!

Great work!!! :thumbsup:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

nev

Yet another simple yet effective whiff from the Edwards design group  :wub:  :wub:

you're developing a real AF of these far east whiffs, and I am loving them  :bow:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Nice work, Chris ! Love that colour on the Corsair....makes me want to build one ! Thanks for posting what paints you used...might have to pick some of those up next week !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Brilliant looking bird mate. simple, but stunningly effective.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Excalibur

Just a personal preference but nose art would look awesome on that bird.  

Radish

I love those HB Corsairs.

And great looking colours :party:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

ysi_maniac

Looks RIGHT :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

QuoteJust a personal preference but nose art would look awesome on that bird.
It nearly got some - but Airfix forgot to print the white  :(  :banghead: and then I decided to do her clean for a change as I usualy manage to stick some kind of artwork on my Wif's

Thanks lads

Chris

Sisko

You fuzzy bunny you stole my idea! :lol:  Will you stop reading my mind!!!!!!! :P

Having just built a hobby boss armour kit there was a bit of flash what are the aircraft kits like?

Looks great BTW
Get this Cheese to sick bay!