Centurion Mk I Part 1

Started by General Zod, September 27, 2007, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Zod

*note------The Centurion MK I did not come into service until just after the war in Europe ended The first ten models had a 20mm Polseen gun as a co-ax This conversion did not come with it Only the Besa 7.92 MG*

Here's some various shots of my latest WIF project The AFV Club NATO Centurion was the base kit The resin conversion is from Cromwell Models out of Scotland You may notice the coax MG is not in line with the 17lbr main gun On the MK I's they were independent of the main gun Just got a few more pieces to add to it before painting

I will probably mark it in the Irish Guards markings for the bloody road on Operation Market Garden It is on hold for now I wish to get some metal tow cables for it I don't care for the nylon tow cables that came with the kit

Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

GTX

QuoteThe first ten models had a 20mm Polseen gun as a co-ax

I always thought the Centurion looked better with the original Polsten (Note correct spelling) cannon:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

nev

That's some fine work there  :tank:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Nice one ! I had no idea about this early Centurion......pretty neat stuff ! Always ben one of my favourite tanks. Looking forward to seeing some more pics !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ysi_maniac

QuoteI always thought the Centurion looked better with the original Polsten cannon
Agreed
Will die without understanding this world.

BillSlim

Having the Cent around in 1944 would certainly have given the German tank crews a bit of a scare. Imagine being faced with large numbers of tanks every bit as good as the Panther, and more reliable.
IMVHO even having the Comet available in large numbers in late 1944 would have made quite a difference.

Those Tigers that blocked the final advance to the Arnhem Bridge better watch out when the Irish Guards Centurions arrive!

Looking forward to seeing Part 2.
'Fire up the Quattro!'
'I'm arresting you for murdering my car, you dyke-digging tosspot! - Gene Hunt.

wolfik

looks awesome!
I would use the british sherman smoke dischargers.
use more typical ww2 parts used on british shermans,churchils or cromwells ...
or cast some usefull parts from the comet to make it more lifelike...
its my idea...its your model so your choice  :salute:  

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

General Zod

Quotelooks awesome!
I would use the british sherman smoke dischargers.
use more typical ww2 parts used on british shermans,churchils or cromwells ...
or cast some usefull parts from the comet to make it more lifelike...
its my idea...its your model so your choice  :salute:
Thanks everyone Right now I am waiting to get some metal tow cables for it

I didn't even think about using the more common smoke dischargers on it I have no way of casting any parts  
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad