Main Menu

Usn X-wing

Started by cthulhu77, September 27, 2007, 06:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Bond and some silver paint, as well as two bic pens are yielding some good results:

cthulhu77

started working on the water feature:

Brian da Basher

A 1930's U.S. Navy X-wing floatplane?!!!   :blink:

Greg, you're a genius!!!!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Thanks, the rest of the backstory is still being written, but it is pretty funny...

lancer

the way this one is shaping up it's going to be legendary!! One quick question though, what X-wing did you use?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

cthulhu77

A partially built 1/48th scale MPC, had to tear most of it apart and start over, but I am getting more and more happy with the results:

Brian da Basher

The blue nose is a very nice touch, Greg! Reminds me of the different tail colors the U.S. Navy used to identify which carrier the plane was from. This one's fun to watch!

Brian da Basher

B777LR

QuoteThis one's fun to watch!
Agreed, but a zwilling would be cool!

cthulhu77

LOL..thanks all. I don't think I am going to run into another MPC xwing soon, though.

cthulhu77

Got the first coat of base on the base:

cthulhu77

side pontoons supports are on, and it's about time to weather the fuselage:

B777LR

Ahh, single float plane!!!

Brian da Basher

Very cool Greg! IF this was my project, I'd be tempted to have a Vought Kingfisher next to it for contrast.

Brian da Basher

B777LR

QuoteVery cool Greg! IF this was my project, I'd be tempted to have a Vought Kingfisher next to it for contrast.

Brian da Basher
How about a Japanese single float tie fighter? :wub:  (aka float version of zero ;) )

cthulhu77

LOL...both good ideas. I'll run them past the missus later.
    Scratched/bashed a multi-barrel cannon using some hollow styrene tube and an old bomb: