Main Menu

Usaf F-14g

Started by coops213, October 05, 2007, 12:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooberliberation

Nice.... Weaselcat? B)  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

anthonyp

I like "Tom-Weasel" myself  :lol:

And I just like the tail pipes a lot (the zig-zag does look cool), Shasper (He who wishes to get down and dirty) was the one asking about thrust-vectoring.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

elmayerle

QuoteThanks guys! Anthonyp, I didn't have thrust vectoring in mind so much. I figured to keep their F-14G "cutting edge" the USAF might re-engine them with the engines developed for the JSF. According to what I can find online these engines (Pratt & Whitney F135) produce ~40,000lbs of thrust, compared to the 27,000lbs for the F-14D's General Electric F110s.

Oh yeah, the the zig zag edge looks cool.
I'm not sure the F-35's engines (either F135 or F136) would fit, but the LOAN nozzles, as depicted, could be easily retrofitted to the 32,000-lb.thrust versions of the F110 (as in the F16E/F adn easily adaptable to upgrades of the F-14) or F100 (proposed, but not built beyond test units) that could easily fit the F-14 airframe.  If nothing else, the RCS reduction would be worth it to a TomWeasel.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

SinUnNombre

That looks great, Coops! Can't wait to see it all buttoned up. And welcome to the madhouse. And I have an idea for a name.... The POLE-CAT!!!!!1 Striking fear into the hearts of............OK, I really don't know where I was going with that, but you get the point.

Jon

coops213

I've made a little more progress, got some markings on it now. The tail markings and unit emblems are all home made. The other markings are sourced from the spares box from other 'cats.

As for a name, I like the sound of Weaselcat, although I'm not sure if it's tough enough for the mighty F-14. :D

Chris  

ysi_maniac

This result in 1/144 :o  :o  :o  :o  
Will die without understanding this world.

Spey_Phantom

holy tomcats, that look fantastic  :wub:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

coops213

Made a little progress on the weasel cat. Most of the decals are on and details painted. Just have to get a dull coat over it and stick the weapons on.

And here are the missiles

Chris

Brian da Basher

Looking good! That load-out is gonna be wicked!

Brian da Basher

Maverick

Seriously nice stuff Chris,

Again, I'm amazed at that sort of work for the scale.  The IFR decal is a great touch, gives it a real AF feel.

On a name, this is dating me somewhat, but how about Catweasel??

Regards,

Mav

nev

nice work on those weeny missiles  :thumbsup:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

coops213

I've finally finished it! All the bits are now stuck on and the masks removed.

As for a name, I'm still pretty undecided. My favourites probably are Weaselcat and Catweasel, and maybe even Wildcat.

Now to finish my Strikecat.

Chris

elmayerle

GORGEOUS!!

Might I suggest "Electric Cat" for the nickname?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

McGreig

Beautiful model.  :wub:  I'm amazed that this is 1/144.  :o  Great work  :bow:  

Spey_Phantom

sweet mother of styreen, thats 1/144  :blink:
that looks sweet, i thought for a second that was 1/48  :wub:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.