Beating The Air Into Submission

Started by anthonyp, October 06, 2007, 06:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

I forget who has those great anti-Helo quotes in their signature, but I had a few ideas for some GB's the other day, and this was one of them.

Basically, anything you build needs to have the rotors/props pointing straight up and down.  Tilt-rotors and tilt-wings would be allowed, but jump-jets and jet engines on wingtips (ala the XF-109) would be out.

Like the armor GB, you don't see too many helos on the site (well, you see more of them than you do armor).

Just an idea!

EDIT:  LANCER!!!  That's who has them!  Always get a chuckle when I see that signature block  :lol:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Mossie

Ah, rotorcraft build then?  I've been thinking about suggesting one for some time, but held off as I'm hoping the Flying Sorcery build will get picked after Christmas.  I've got a Lynx, Sea King, Cobra & two Rotodynes in the stash.  I guess if tilt rotors are okay, compound rotorcraft like the Rotodyne & autogyro's are too?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

anthonyp

Yep, rotodyne and autogyros are welcome!

This one wouldn't get onto the calender until sometime later next year.  Need to drum up support for it first!
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

kitnut617

Yes that would be nice, after the Piston Perfection GB is done preferably
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lancer

I'm the one with the helo quotes, so I guess I sholud sign up for this GB as well
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

MartG

QuoteI'm the one with the helo quotes,
You're missing one:

"helicopters don't fly, they just vibrate so much the Earth rejects them"
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Hobbes

I heard that one slightly differently: "Helicopters don't fly, they're just so ugly the Earth repels them"

AeroplaneDriver

I've never been much of a helo builder, but I've noticed that my helo stash has grown to 2 Merlins, 3 Hueys of various description, 2 Comanches, and a Tiger.  I was actually thinking of doing one this week as a quickie build.

I would certainly be interested in a GB at some point down the road.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

The Merlin is a sweet kit to bash together quickly, Nick....just falls together.

:cheers:

And I'd be in for a rotary GB !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

SebastianP

Caught a forum post on ARC I think about a mid-air between two newschoppers. It got me thinking...

In today's competitive news market, getting the best angle is essential. And if you've got the *only* angle, so much the better. Also, there's the issue of flight safety - crowding is a real hazard, and everyone should be careful to keep their distance.

I've got a Revell EC-135 Swedish Police helicopter that I don't feel confident about painting inthe boxtop scheme (too much gloss white! :/), and I've also got a Kiowa Warrior which no matter what will produce leftovers. How about an armed newsie? Keep your distance, or else?

I may "restrict" myself to adding a pair of pintle-mounted M2HB's in the cabin, but I'm considering swiping the Stinger missiles from the Kiowa at least. That should make the other newsies far more respectful of each other.

SP

Captain Canada

If the date for this one is later this year or early next.....I'm planning on building a CH-53 crossed with an EH-101, to build a heavy lifter. Also may do a Chinnok type with a merlin's nose and twin five bladed rotors......

Plus I've got a pair of kits I had collected for the Russian GB that I never started.

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mike Wren

in the blocks for just such a GB...

USMC UH-60T 'Marine' Hawk - who needs the V-22 when you can get 5 or 6 Blackhawks for the same price...

RAF Puma HC.2 - Super Puma license built by Westland & replacing Wessex, Puma (even Sea King maybe?)

RAF Stallion HC.1/2 - CH-53 chosen instead of Chinook so, grey/green Bravo November in Falklands, later rebuilt as HC.2 with 3rd engine lugging kit about in Afghanistan...

PanzerWulff

I have plenty of helo's in my stash (including a couple 1/35 whirley birds) I would love this one any hope of reviving this one???
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

K5054NZ

Me too! Dunno what yet though.....

AeroplaneDriver

My helo stash has grown since this first came up, and I'd love to see a GB happen.  HMS Ocean is just crying out for a half dozen Royal Marine Tigers on the deck...

So I got that going for me...which is nice....