Flying Boat, Sea Plane, and Amphibian Group Build (2 GB merged into 1)

Started by anthonyp, October 06, 2007, 07:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

Quote from: The Rat on May 12, 2008, 12:26:08 PM
Quote from: lenny100 on May 12, 2008, 09:08:24 AM
how about this as seen at perth

I want that person's name for my Hall of Hull-loving Heros!  :wub:

it was me
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

GTX

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on May 22, 2008, 11:53:57 AM
Quote from: anthonyp on May 11, 2008, 08:09:28 PMI suggested a broader "Flying Boat" build late year, which can be found here.
Neither this one, nor the Flying Boat one, will be on the GB poll anytime soon (too many others have been waiting for too long).
How about merging this thread with the earlier Flying Boat GB proposal?  Since they are both in the same category it would benefit all concerned if these GB proposals were consolidated.  This could increase the chances of the merged GB coming up for a vote much sooner than having two separate group builds languishing in the archive. 

JF- Perfect idea!!! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

puddingwrestler

I thought I'd already agreed to that somewhere...

I was in Melbourne yesterday doing the hobby-shop crawl, and having just left Victorian Hobby Center (which, being upstairs doesn't have the sort of window display you spend time window shopping) turned around so my brother could gesticulate at the B-36 and Bear in the window, and spotted a Trumpeter 1/24 scale Spitfire float plane variant! Just the box was intimidatingly huge (says the man who never leaves 1/72 scale aviation except for 1/48 Fokker D.VIIs...)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Daryl J.

Rumor has it Lindberg have just repressed the Grumman OA-9 Goose.     

:cheers:
Daryl J.

Tojo633

Spitfire mk 21 Floatplane

Tojo633

Okay i know they are British Commonwealth but RN versions on the way in the nr future.

GTX

Nice - here's some more inspiration:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Tojo633

Have a  frog one of them stripped of its paint ready for a racing scheme, not a GB one but Schneider trophy entrant I think, thought of Me 109 floats though, have another project in the pipeline based pn the remains of a Zero but thats another story.

Jeffry Fontaine

Attention WHIFmates!

I took the liberty of merging Anthony Pakizer's Group Build Proposal with that of Pudding Wrestler's Group Build since both were proposing a build on the same subject.  So now it shall be called the Flying Boat, Sea Plane, and Amphibian Group Build to cover all aspects of things that fly and float.  This also opens up the possibility of entering a rotary wing aircraft if it qualifies as a flying machine that can float on water. :^O
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Mossie

Following on from Gregs post, here's another:

I've got a model 3/4 finished that I didn't quite finish for the 'I Love P-40's!' GB, should get it finished in plenty of time to post for inspiration if this GB gets the go-ahead.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Runway ? ...

Great stuff :)
I thought I'd throw this cutie in here as an alternate way of doing things.

Mossie

Quote from: Mossie on May 28, 2008, 04:06:50 PM
I've got a model 3/4 finished that I didn't quite finish for the 'I Love P-40's!' GB, should get it finished in plenty of time to post for inspiration if this GB gets the go-ahead.

And here it is as promised, my Curtiss S2C Goshawk Mk.I, I intended it as interim to the Curtiss SC Seahawk entering service:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Daryl J.

Since Lindberg has repressed the OA-9 and the windscreen and rudder are off shape, it would be a good substrate to start with yes?  It's undersized as well making it even better for a whiffer it would seem.

Maybe there will have to be some retrotech..... :wub: :wub: :wub:    Grumman toughness meets tomorrow's tech meets a) a cool Libations transport  b) some ultralight duty version of the AC-130 gunship or c) Mad Max post apocalytic air transfer.

Daryl J., thinking  slowly after rather rugged surgeries today

Edit:  11Nov08:   Post Apocalyptic meets Steampunk.   One tricked out Lindberg kit to come....... :drink:
Edit:  19Nov08:   Brown Water War, Vietnam with armored personnel compartment, a minigun or two gunship style, round, raised, armored windows on side, upgraded engines...

puddingwrestler

Just in case no one mentioned it (and if they did, it's worth mentioning again!)
Bill Barnes' planes

There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

anthonyp

OK, since this GB got the second most amount of votes, who's gonna step up and be GB commander/co-commander?  I started one of the ideas for the GB (flying boats/amphibians), but I'm too lazy to see who came up with the Sea Plane part  ;D
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man