Flying Boat, Sea Plane, and Amphibian Group Build (2 GB merged into 1)

Started by anthonyp, October 06, 2007, 07:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

That was me I suspect, and I'd be happy to run the thing just as soon as someone points me to the rules for running these things (ie: Am I allowed to declare marshall law over the thread and impound all models for my own private enjoyment or what?)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Weaver

Quote from: anthonyp on December 13, 2008, 07:38:46 AM
OK, since this GB got the second most amount of votes, who's gonna step up and be GB commander/co-commander?  I started one of the ideas for the GB (flying boats/amphibians), but I'm too lazy to see who came up with the Sea Plane part  ;D

Umm - actually, it came third: behind Sovitise It.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

anthonyp

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Weaver

Quote from: anthonyp on December 13, 2008, 07:18:40 PM
Second, third, at this point it doesn't really matter.   ;D

My understanding is that the GBs are going to be started in the order they came in the poll. That means that we've got more time to prepare for this one than if it had come second. Personally, I'm pretty much ready to rock and roll on Trainers with Teeth and Sovietise It, but I don't have anything useful for this one at the moment.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

I nominate our resident Ekranoplan expert, Ratty.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Doc Yo

Mrph. I've got a Frog Wyvern, an ooold Aoshima Seiran, and its forty degrees ( farenheit ) in the garage...
  This, the Landships GB, the Soviet GB, ( I am a  CoMMie
  after all...) decisions, decisions....

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

The Rat

Quote from: Brian da Basher on December 15, 2008, 04:45:03 PM
Brian da Basher

That would be Mairfrog actually, but he's conspicuous by his absence these days. Being a moderator requires commitment (and I should be commited), but seeing as someone has seen fit to list me I guess you're stuck with The Rat! I'll be hiding at the bar.

Oh, one question - what the heck does a moderator do?. Honest, I've only ever moderated our skeptic club's e-mail list, and that is more like refereeing a schoolyard brawl. This job is totally new.  :blink:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: The Rat on December 18, 2008, 06:20:06 PM
Quote from: Brian da Basher on December 15, 2008, 04:45:03 PMI nominate our resident Ekranoplan expert, Ratty.
Brian da Basher

That would be Mairfrog actually, but he's conspicuous by his absence these days. Being a moderator requires commitment (and I should be commited), but seeing as someone has seen fit to list me I guess you're stuck with The Rat! I'll be hiding at the bar.

Oh, one question - what the heck does a moderator do?. Honest, I've only ever moderated our skeptic club's e-mail list, and that is more like refereeing a schoolyard brawl. This job is totally new.  :blink:
I put you in as one of the moderators for this GB.  If you prefer not to be the moderator I am sure we can find someone else to fulfill the duties. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Spey_Phantom

i still have about 3 seaplanes in the stash

1/72 Revell Beriev Be-6
1/72 Revell Supermarine Walrus
1/72 Revell Arado Ar.196

so i got a good range to choose from, so, count me in for this GB  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Brian da Basher

Quote from: The Rat on December 18, 2008, 06:20:06 PM
Quote from: Brian da Basher on December 15, 2008, 04:45:03 PM
Brian da Basher

GB moderators decide on the final rules and make any decisions regarding eligibility of entries. A GB mod also posts the poll to determine the winner or counts the final tally if voting is done by PM. I hope this helps and best of luck Rat!
Brian da Basher

The Rat

Ah, sounds simple enough then, certainly easier than mediating disputes over religious dogma, UFOs, and lake monsters.  :lol:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Doc Yo

So, this is on, then? Looking forward to seeing the start date-I discovered I still had an old Revell Seamaster
in my stash as well....

Daryl J.

Just let me know dates.   :thumbsup:   Lindberg's old OA-9 Goose may get The Treatment.
From a line out of an old children's story: "Parts are parts!"

Daryl J., enjoying just a tiny bit of Laphroaig 10 year served neat

[Edit]:   The wonderings:   Should the Goose get backdated to a wood fuselage and fabric wing, open cockpit, parasol mount in a primitive Catalina-sort-of-way; should it get armored up, repropped, and serve a bunch of knucklehead steampunkers; or should it get a set of turboprops, miniaturized electronics, and get put into some anti-shipping role?     :blink: :blink: :blink:

The Rat

I'll be away the next few days, have to drive up to Ottawa for a funeral, we'll get cracking on this soon. I won't be entering myself, but looking forward to floaty things from everyone else!