Hot Off The Bench..

Started by bluntie, October 10, 2007, 03:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluntie

Hi all,
Heres my take on the dear old Airfix Dominie,in its self a great little model of a very attractive aircraft, also this is the first time i have built a wheels up A/C ever! and it sure did simplify things,never quite realised how much time goes into fiddling about with undercarts.
So its straight out of the box,pilots and all, arials are scrap P/E and card ,decals out of the spares bin, and the whole thing based loosley on on the Beech Guardrail.

1983,as part of the joint defence agreement New Zealand sends 3 aircraft from the newly formed #5 surveilance flight,based in Port Keats 250 km west of Darwin the RNZAF *Taniwha's over fly the sensitive waters to the north during the shakey ceasefire that saw a breif pause in Konfrantasi 3.
Packed with electronic eavesdropping devices aircraft 64 was able to confirm a massive troop build up prior to an amphibious assault on Bathurst and Melville islands in may of that year.

*pronounced ;Tan-ee-fa.
According to Moari mythology a Taniwha is a spirit that inhabits lakes and streams,to call upon a Taniwha is a dangerous thing,if your intentions are not true and just the Tanipha will use all of your hidden fears,secrets and weaknesses to destroy you. .. seemed a fitting name.
Cheers Steve. ..oh, and welcome back JHM  :salute:  
my hovercraft is full of eels

Maverick

Yipes Steve!!

Always loved the HS-125/Dominie and the Guardrails always had that 'different' look about 'em.  The combo is simply brilliant!!  Too cool for school!!!

:bow:
Mav

Rafael

Yes!
:thumbsup:

This is a very beautiful airplane, and your mods are awesome!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Glenn Gilbertson

Great backstory and modelling - I like it!
:salute:  :thumbsup:  

Hobbes

Very nice! Painting the antennas in a contrast colour is a good idea, makes for a striking look.  

Captain Canada

QuoteAirfix Dominie,in its self a great little model of a very attractive aircraft

You got that right ! And it's about time you built a model wheels up....took you long enough ! Mind you, you don't get to do touch-and-goes, just plain old 'overshoots' with the built up model. Very nicely done, I might add. Love the way she looks with all those lumps and bumps.

:cheers:

And once again, my cry goes out to have a link on the homepage to pics/ articles of specific types. I'd love to see all of the built up types in contrast to one another. Who else has built a whif Dominie ?

:wub:  :party:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McGreig

Great modelling  :thumbsup: A nice, simple idea and an excellent finish  :wub:  :wub:  

Mike Wren

ysi_maniac

GORGEOUS MARVEL really.
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
:bow:  :thumbsup:  :bow:  :thumbsup:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Scooterman

That is totally coolio!
:wub:  :thumbsup:  

cthulhu77

Superb is the word I was searching for !  :cheers:

Jeffry Fontaine

Well done sir!  I beleive you have managed to get the right combination of real with the WHIF incorporated into this model.  Very nice indeed!
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

bluntie

Awww shucks guys :wub: (draws circle in ground with big toe)
my hovercraft is full of eels

AeroplaneDriver

Just last month I turned downa job offer flying Hawker 1000s because of the awful schedule.  Seeing this model makes me wonder if I did the right thing (just for a second though!).

Great looking model of a classic aircraft   :wub:  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Dork the kit slayer

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/