Advanced Hunter

Started by ysi_maniac, October 10, 2007, 12:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Rafael

OMG!!! :wub:  :thumbsup:  :salute:  :bow:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

ysi_maniac

I have changed my mind and the powerplant will be RR Spey

ysi_maniac

I know: severe sanding is required B)

About the nozzle, it is smaller than those of Fujimi's F-4K but bigger that Spey's diametre. It is taken from an F-4K or M of a Polish manufacturer: Chematic

AeroplaneDriver

Looking good so far!

Are you increasing the wing sweep?  Or maybe a delta like the P.1090?

Here is alink you may find helpful.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

ysi_maniac

Thanks AD,
your link is quite interesting: I have bookmarked.

AFAIK my plane will not be in the line of any Hawker study, but a totally different approach :ph34r: : A supersonic fighter for the 70s to go along F-111K B) ... more or less ... :)

AeroplaneDriver

QuoteA supersonic fighter for the 70s to go along F-111K B) ... more or less ... :)
Does that mean a VG Hunter??

:wub:  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

ysi_maniac

^^^^ Oh no, that is much beyond my skills :dum:

B777LR

Quote^^^^ Oh no, that is much beyond my skills :dum:
Nothing is beyond your skills ysi, and im not joking :rolleyes:  :thumbsup: (for example: the side by side F-104 canopy surgery without a single crack on the canopy!)

:cheers:

ysi_maniac

kitnut617

Hey Carlos, that's looking good.  Something to consider, I was just reading in BSP Vol.4 (Hypersonics, etc) that there was a plan to add ramjets in underwing pods to the Fairey Delta II.  The plan came to an end because the air intakes were limited to the design speed meaning making it any faster wasn't going to work.  

You might have to consider some different air intakes.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

elmayerle

QuoteHey Carlos, that's looking good.  Something to consider, I was just reading in BSP Vol.4 (Hypersonics, etc) that there was a plan to add ramjets in underwing pods to the Fairey Delta II.  The plan came to an end because the air intakes were limited to the design speed meaning making it any faster wasn't going to work.  

You might have to consider some different air intakes.
Just personal preference here, but I reckon the intakes from a 1/72 F-105 would do nicely for the increased mass-flow as well as, IMHO, the aesthetics.  For some reason, Fieri intakes just add, IMHO, to the coolness of an aircraft as long as they're integrated into the design and not an "add on".
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Daryl J.

Is it just me or is there some passing resemblance to a single-engined Fantan?  This is much better looking though.

Neato!

Daryl J.

ysi_maniac