Advanced Hunter

Started by ysi_maniac, October 10, 2007, 12:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deon

Wow! This should be good...
'...please, tell me where to put it..?'

'do nothing except that which is necessary or beautiful' (Marcus Aurelius)..well I've got the 'do nothing' bit sorted...

Eddie M.

WOW!!! :mellow: This looks great!! I'll be watching this one for sure. :ph34r:
Look behind you!

BlackOps

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: Always a pleasure to watch you work Carlos.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

It's like Christmas all over again!   :wub: :party: :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

pyro-manic

Looking good! Anything Hunter is going to be beautiful... :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

Niiiiice!  :o

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 02, 2009, 08:44:07 AM
<...> Anything Hunter is going to be beautiful... :wub:

Truer words have never been spoken!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Rat

Looking great so far, keep the pics coming!

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on November 16, 2007, 09:17:02 AMOr maybe a delta like the P.1090?

Seriously thinking of a delta on my old matchbox job, not sure what to scrounge from.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Daryl J.

Oh this is good, very very good!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

noxioux

For some reason, I keep thinking that this could be a very plausible Israeli development, if for no other reason than the KFir, which if I'm not completely mistaken was more or less a J-79 powered Mirage. . .

Anyway, it's looking very svelte. :wub:

Mossie

There's a possible real world basis for that.  Apparantley, around the time France embargoed the Israeli Mirages, the Hunter was a possibility if they couldn't get them flying again, although the IAF was less than enthusiastic about a subsonic aircraft when their neighbours had MiG-21's.  Maybe Carlos's machine is what would have happened had IAI got their hands on Hunter plans.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

What about Raspberry Ripple scheme?, could she be testing SkyFlash installation this guise?
I am thinking in Test and Experimental GB. :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Mossie

Rasberry Ripple is always good, several real world Hunters wore it.  Maybe you could add a twist?  There was a Canberra target tug with black & yellow striped undersides, BAC-111's with yellow instead of the blue, a Gnat with various orange & yellow striped probes, stuff like that?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

^^^^^^
Can you post some pics, please? :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Mossie

Mossie

Here you go Carlos!  There are others from the test establishments that use

Canberra in hybrid Rasberry Ripple/Target Tug scheme:

Sea Vixen in same scheme:

BAC 111 with yellow undersides instaead of blue.  IIRC this was something to do with it's role in the Blind Landing Experimental Unit:

Folland Gnat with orange & black instrument probes:

Canberra with ejection seat trial markings, predates Raspberry Ripple but it's the type of test & caibration markings seen on several RAE/A&AEE aircraft: