Design By Comittee Part 2

Started by HOG, October 14, 2007, 02:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

QuoteI don't know.
To me it looks like you have a great looking entry for next years Land Speed Record GB  B)
The exact same thought occurred to me.  It looks like a wicked LSR car.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

HOG

Heyo all

Firstly may I humbly request people to stop refering to this as a LSR car. I have enough trouble as it is with thoughts of Luft 46 camo` without the idea of RLM 76 `custom flames` painted on the wheel fairings, wingleading edges, cowl etc whizzing round my head. Thank you.

Incometh agin, the 4th
Work progresses. I have remodelled the `spatz` at the back to make them look more part of the overall airframe and streamlined them somewhat

And have finalized the rear shape into this lump of engine housing.

The inner `K` style wing has been roughly shaped and fixed to the fuselage for final sanding. I must mask this soon and squirt some paint on it to check for dints and dings. (make mental to self)  (ps add `note` to last) (pps why stop the habits of a life time) :D

Now another question. With these wings the only roles I can think of for this are fighter, night fighter or photo recon. Which one do you suggest?.
Now another question 2. What camouflage?. All types colours schemes etc considered but picture info on the more obscure welcomed.
(please note anything past 1950 to me is regarded as obscure)

And finally some blue tacked assembly of current bits may help in your suggestions for the above questions. Ducks and rudder from 1:44 Tornado, outer wing cores from 60thou

Regards Gary :dalek:
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

GTX

Given that appearance, it would have to be a creation of Dr. Richard Vogt, at Blohm & Voss.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Brian da Basher

That's some wonderful progress, HOG! I really like your work on the landing gear and the engines. How about Finnish camo in a splinter pattern? Seems a natural to me.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

HOG

:dalek: Hi All

Here`s where I am with this at the present. Not much feedback on a role or colour schemme except for the ever reliable Brian de B for which thanks, but being a Luffy modeler I have a lot of stuff in splinter black & green but you did give me a nudge/pointer to the swedeish Viggen transfering the greens etc into RLM luffy colours 70/71  80 81/82 etc

So the builds done with just the paint job to do and suggestion looked for
regards Gary
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

kitbasher

The paint job is perfect as it is.  Honest.  Looks all kind of Blade Runner or Fifth Element or something like that.  Even something a bit battered from Battlestar Galactica.   :D  :D  
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Brian da Basher

Another option might be different shades of NMF. Maybe use one main shade (Steel perhaps) and one or two others on vaious panels to highlight differences (Aluminum and maybe Titanium?). I really like the shape of the wing and the wingtip landing gear pods. It defnitely has a "Blade Runner" look about it.

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Have you ever tried spraying through netting, cheese cloth or gauze for a camo pattern? Maybe something that has to blend in with trees (and there shadows) from over head to hide from patroling fighters? I'm thinking of a camo that would not be seen, even if you flew right over it. I'm not much for exact patterns, but that what's on my mind. :)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Mossie

Hmm, (Blade :huh: ) running with kitbashers comment, there's almost a splinter cam type thing already going on with the various pieces you've bashed together Gary.  Some kind of provenance maybe???

Looking at the nose, I wonder if the mid portion could maybe house rockets, similar to the Natter?  That way you could turn it into a fighter bomber which would suit a splinter cam?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

HOG

Hi All

Getting there. A steady progression, with your help, from this

to this

resulting in this

I thought of your paint suggestions but came across a picture of a Luft 46` nightfighter in RLM 76/66 splinter and I was hooked, but for years I`ve liked the American camo used in Viet Nam and have tried to replicate that lazy swirling look but in just two colours rather than three or four in a freehand spray session.
These pics are straight after decalling and now awaits some weathering and detail painting with a few more bits to stick on.

Keep the comments coming
regards Gary :dalek:  
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

HOG you continue to astound me with your work! I think that camo pattern is a natural for this project! It breaks up the straight lines of the aircraft and compliments the white Luftwaffe markings nicely.

Well done!
:bow:
Brian da Basher  

B777LR

Eddie M.

I am really enjoying the progression of your work. The camo is spot on! B)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Very great production. Good choice on the camo, it suits it well.

kitbasher

Fantastic work - Luftwaffe '46 meets the Klingon Empire meets Jurassic Park.  The name for this beastie has to be Pteradactyl! :D  :D    
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter