Started by Maverick, October 16, 2007, 05:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Mav, that tankbuster just ROCKS!!!

Impressive paintwork!
:salute:
Brian da Basher

McGreig

Congratulations - an impressive way to restart your modelling  :thumbsup: The Antarctic scheme certainly looks good in 3D  :cheers:  

Maverick

QuoteMmmm, snow cam!  Is this off one of your profiles Mav?  I seem to recal you did some Hs.129's, part of your Antarctic scenario I guess looking at the green band.

Great job, & some inspiration for me to kick my backside into gear!
Hi All,

Simon, yep, based 'loosely' around the profile I'd knocked up, altho the model is in 3 tone whereas the original was a two tone upper.

Expect pics within the next week or so of my Spanish Civil War Judy, providing I get it finished! and an RAAF Lightning that is taking a little longer than expected.

Regards,

Mav

bluntie

Yowza! nearly missed this one Mav!, the Coast guard spooky and the Gosling are 'crankin my handle!! well done mate :cheers:  
my hovercraft is full of eels

Scooterman

Missed this thread........

The -129 is sweet but my vote is for you to finish that Bats Superbug!

Maverick

Afternoon Gang,

First completed build for the year here.  (I started it last year, but you get the drift).

Baseline Fujimi D4Y2 (nice little kit) with decals swiped from the Italeri Hs-126.  The Kanji in the roundel is off the kit's tailcode as I'm way too chicken to freehand that sorta stuff.

Regards,

Mav

Brian da Basher

That's just awesome, Mav! You've totally nailed Nationalist camo and the addition of the Kanji to the fuse roundel is the proverbial cherry on top! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work in styrene!

Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

That spanish Judy (IIRC) is just a perfect idea
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

McGreig

Those Spanish colours suit the Judy  :wub: Nice to see another profile idea in 3D  -_-

John Howling Mouse

Hey, ya big tease, on the first pics page, you noted a subject that was derived from an Italeri Do-217K but I think you show the same Ki-84 pic twice in a row by mistake....

And that P.1099B sure is cool with the aft-facing guns and all (will have to look that up to better understand the mods you made).

Your latest completed model is a very eye-catching piece of work.  I wish I could think outta the box the way you do!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Maverick

Heya JHM,

Don't know what happened there.  I was pretty sure that on the old site it was OK, but there's been a transposition it seems.  I'll have to reshoot the pic & repost as I've deleted the photos that I've taken.

Regards,

Mav

Maverick

G'day Gang,

For those that mightn't have trundled over to the Armour GB thread, I thought I'd post my entries here thus far.  There's another two on the go, but they most likely won't make the time frame although they'll still end up here.  I'm also working on a number of aircraft too, so expect some updates over the next while or so.

As a secondary thing, my Uni course has been terminated due to a few different factors, so expect some profiling to be coming to my profile thread in the near future.

Regards,

Mav

Maverick

And the final two for the GB

Mossie

Wow, you're getting prolific Mav!  When you put your mind to it, either profiles or models, you churn them out at a rate of knots!  I can't admit to knowing a lot about armour, but I'm enjoying these builds.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Brian da Basher

The Hummer and APC are especially nice, Mav! It takes real talent to be able to build armor and aircraft so convincingly! You've got some skill for camo too.

Brian da Basher