Maverick's Build Thread

Started by Maverick, October 16, 2007, 05:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

I like the LAV.

I wonder if you could put a bradley turret on it?????? That would make a very cool fire support vehicle. :tank:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

sotoolslinger

Heck Mav , talk about hiding ones light.  ;D All those are freakin cool dude. About time you cleaned out that closet. :thumbsup:Of course, I think the Ascender is best. :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Maverick

To be honest Stuart, I think the M2/3 turret ring would be too wide for the LAV hull.  Also, given the stock LAV-25 has a Bushmaster like the Bradley, the only bonus you'd have would be the TOW system, although this particular combo has been trialled on the ASLAV-25 anyway.  

For effective fire support, I really think something larger than 25-30mm would be required.  Of course, being a wheeled platform, you then take the risk of a larger gun tipping the vehicle due to recoil.  The Stryker MGS has been touted as such a system, although what is rarely mentioned is that during firing tests they had fold down stands that stopped the vehicle from tipping.  So much for the 'mobile' concept.

Regards,

John

Rafael

Master Profiler and Master Modeler!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mav, the Humvee and the External Gun Tank are my favs!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

And the others too!!!

Rafa
(love that Wurfgerät 41 -or Wurfrahmen 40- armed tank, too)
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

Aw, c'mon, John------more pics of that first one!!!   :thumbsup:

I'll go check out the Armour group build in case there's more lurking over there....
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Maverick

Thanks for all your thoughts guys.  John, there's two more pics of the S-Tank in the build and also a progressive shot of it in my Progressive Build Thread.

Regards,

Mav

Maverick

Morning Gang,

Here's a trio of pics of my Tamiya (read Italeri) X-32.  I've given it a fictional desert scheme and its decals are from the Superscale A-10 sheet of the 23 TFW 'Flying Tigers'.  I added a couple of fairings for the EO systems and a pair of underwing pylons (from an F/A-18).  Loadout is kit supplied AMRAAMs for the bay and for the wings a JDAM and a Taurus stand off weapon.  I've used the Taurus as a replacement for my hypothetical scenario that saw the JASSM failed.

Regards,

Mav

Brian da Basher

That's a killer camo scheme, Mav! Love the shark's mouth and the load-out too!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Thanks for your thoughts.  I liked the way the Monica turned out.  It was something that had been 'in progress' for the last 3 years or so before I'd taken the big break from modelling and I was glad to finally get it knocked over.

Anyhoo, here's another installment for the Armour GB.  It's the Tamiya M3 Stuart light tank converted into an armoured car.  I've also replaced the turret with a BRDM-2 (a Soviet armoured car) item, but added the antenna mast and gun pintle from the M3 & a spare hatch to busy it up somewhat.  Stock kit decals and a 'Tunisian/Sicilian' sorta camouflage.

Regards,

Mav

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Mossie

Definately looks like a 50's/60's era Scout Car, Desert Rat decals too!  Great stuff Mav!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McGreig

Great armour builds that might inspire me to try one of my own  :thumbsup:
I like the external gun T-55 but the Stuart armoured car is my favourite so far - it just looks so convincing  :cheers:

pyro-manic

That Stuart armoured car is an interesting one. I think it needs some arched mudguards - the ones on there look a bit strange, being straight and flat as they are. Looks good, though. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Here's another profile inspired build.  This time a Luftwaffe Jaguar.  It uses the Airfix kit as a base (one of the earlier boxings) so it's pretty ordinary, but still worked out ok.  The stores are as supplied and equally mediocre & I've used Superscale markings for a JBG 31 'Boelcke' machine.

Regards,

Mav