Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Mav, did you do the Camo with marker? looks great :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Jeff, the camo was brushpainted.  Took a few days all up, but the end result turned out ok.

Regards,

Mav

AeroplaneDriver

Wow...for some reason I've been missing this thread for some time.  Some great stuff popping up here. 

My favorite is the Arado.

The Arado and the Jag.

The Arado and the Jag and the F-32.

The Arado and the Jag and the F-32 and the armor.

The Arado and the Jag and the F-32 and the armor and the....
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

BlackOps

Quote from: Maverick on June 21, 2008, 09:18:18 PM

Jeff, the camo was brushpainted.  Took a few days all up, but the end result turned out ok.

Wow, That's a lot of patience! I can't do something like that unless I do it all at once, otherwise by the time I finish, the pattern at the stopping point looks nothing like the starting point. This is why I asked if it was markers, because I thought it might be quicker (my lazyness might be showing through here) either way nice work.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Here's my first entry into the Profile GB, namely an RN Bug.  It uses the woeful Hasegawa 72nd scale Hornet as a basis and in typical Hasegawa style, the moulds are from the original early 80s "TF-18A" release although this particular boxing was (allegedly) the F/A-18D of the USMC.  An extra sprue and new decals, suffice to say I'm no fan.

Regards,

Mav

Brian da Basher

That's a great looking Bug there Mav! Few things spice up an aircraft like Royal Navy markings! That load-out is very intimidating and just the thing to make any foe require a change of drawers.

Excellent work!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Nice bug loadout MAV, I love your build for flying sorcery. :thumbsup: :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Here's another entry for the Profiles GB, namely a JASDF FV-8J Harrier.

Regards,

Mav

Damian2

Mav those are sweet builds!!!

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Mossie

Matra's & iron bombs on a Hornet, you gone all luddite on us Mav???  Seriously, it's a convincing load out on a RN machine.

I like the Harrier too.  Could you take an outdoor shot so we can see her in her full glory?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Simon, the FFAR/Dumb bomb combo was a Falklands inspired one.  The build was to be of that era and the loadout seemed a logical choice for the FAA.  As for the JASDF Harrier, I sometimes don't use the flash on the camera as it tends to wash out the colours of a build and the Harrier was one of those.

Anyhoo, I've completed the A-14C for the Profile GB and present it here.  Another detail shot is over on the Completed Builds thread and my own 'Proposed builds' thread

Regards,

Mav

Brian da Basher

Now that's what I call a load-out! Excellent work as always, Mav! It's a treat to see you post your latest!
Brian da Basher

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Glad you liked the build Brian!

Anyhoo, here's the latest entry for the Profile GB.  It's a 72nd scale Fujimi F7U twin-tubbed for the Corps.

Regards,

Mav

Taiidantomcat

Love these Devil Dog Jets Maverick :thumbsup: The Red Devil looks amazing, and of course the Tomcat :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Brian da Basher

Outstanding work, Mav! You've got some serious painting skills!
Brian da Basher