'eagle' Nuclear Powered Crescent Delta Bomber

Started by TsrJoe, October 17, 2007, 03:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

An issue of the UK. weekly boys comic 'Eagle' from August 1955 had as its centrefold a really neat looking Victor/Vulcan hybrid cutaway drawn by Lesley Ashwell Wood, powered by nuclear turbojets and carrying 'Bloodhound like' missiles underwing, all finished off with a nice wraparound camouflage a few decades before the RAF. adopted it as standard!

something different ...

:ph34r:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

... first take one surplus to requirements Airfix Vulcan and Matchbox/Revell Victor and a bandsaw...lol (many thanks Sandy)

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Tojo633

YIP

I'll be getting my pound of flesh................., plastic, cast bits, plunge moulded canopies etc LOL

Sandy

TsrJoe

and again...

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

jon_rose

Locked in the Broom Cupboard.

"The CH-53 is proof that if you strap enough engines to something it will fly."

lenny100

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

noxioux

Excellent!  The old nuclear-powered aircraft concept is one that doesn't get nearly enough play.

I picture this in that stark white paint, flanked by a pair of TSR-2 chase planes. . .

Jeffry Fontaine

QuoteExcellent!  The old nuclear-powered aircraft concept is one that doesn't get nearly enough play.

I picture this in that stark white paint, flanked by a pair of TSR-2 chase planes. . .
For added "effect" how about giving it a good dose of that glow in the dark paint...
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Andrew Gorman

Very cool!  Any chance of posting a larger image of the Eagle illustration?  I at least would like to see one!  There is a lot of great atomic aircraft information at:
http://modelarchives.free.fr/archives_P/Ap...lane/index.html
Andrew

BadersBusCompany

Come on come on get working on it! I cant wait to see this BEAST! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  

TsrJoe

hiya chaps, thanks for the coments, ill try and get a proper scan of the cutaway illustrations posted up asa.

just a few students in the studio so todays job will be to fill and blend all the chopped and shunted parts (engines etc.) shaping and thinning down the le./te., adding a vertical tail from acrylic sheet, pinning the foreplanes, and getting a coat of primer on it

ill keep posting as i go ..

cheers, Joe  :ph34r:  

Dork the kit slayer

Great project.......I really like this one. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Getting very misty eyed over memories of the "Eagle". It was my comic of choice.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

lancer

Hmm, this is looking like the result of an 'encounter' between a Vulcan and a Victor and I have to say that it looks brilliant. I love the idea of the victors nose grafted onto the vulcans airframe. Damm it looks seriously sexy!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die