Hispano Aviación Ha-350 Dardo (dart) FINISHED

Started by ysi_maniac, October 18, 2007, 11:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Sorry, no new pic, but as I am retaking this model, I wanted to resurrect the thread :smiley:
Will die without understanding this world.

Weaver

Little late, but re the engine question, wouldn't a Gyron Junior be about right? The version in the Buccaneer S.1 only put out 8000lb of thrust, but the DGJ10Rs in the Bristol 188 made 10,000lb dry, 14,000lb reheat. A non-afterburning DGJ10 would therefore seem about right.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Sisko

Missed this the first time around so I am glad that you are resurrecting this thread :thumbsup:

I like it!!!!!!!  :wub:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Weaver on September 11, 2008, 05:47:07 AM
Little late, but re the engine question, wouldn't a Gyron Junior be about right? The version in the Buccaneer S.1 only put out 8000lb of thrust, but the DGJ10Rs in the Bristol 188 made 10,000lb dry, 14,000lb reheat. A non-afterburning DGJ10 would therefore seem about right.

What about dimensions?

PALG

Any more news/pics of this ?

Bravo bravo bloody bravo ! I am so impressed by yr determination to do this - i have wanted to attempt a kitbash myself, thinking Mirage III or Starfighter as base, but was far too cowardly and knave-like to attempt it.  

I am going to purchase the resin kit from the german provider (thru MRR Modelbau ?) - once I find someone who speaks German, as i find him quiteslow to respond to my emails in english. I will get some custom decals and do it up as the He-300 Helwan in the colours of a Free Palestine contingent operating out of Syria in the Six Day War.

Like many others I am sure, I would love to see more of what you've achieved - really admirable effort there !  I've poured over schematics of this aircraft so many times and you are really hitting the nail  - those air intakes and wings are the real deal.

ysi_maniac

Very kind of you!

The thing is very close to gloss varnish before decaling. I hope to finish it by the end of november. :thumbsup:

Mossie

Quote from: PALG on November 05, 2009, 02:41:56 AM
Any more news/pics of this ?

Bravo bravo bloody bravo ! I am so impressed by yr determination to do this - i have wanted to attempt a kitbash myself, thinking Mirage III or Starfighter as base, but was far too cowardly and knave-like to attempt it.  

I am going to purchase the resin kit from the german provider (thru MRR Modelbau ?) - once I find someone who speaks German, as i find him quiteslow to respond to my emails in english. I will get some custom decals and do it up as the He-300 Helwan in the colours of a Free Palestine contingent operating out of Syria in the Six Day War.

Like many others I am sure, I would love to see more of what you've achieved - really admirable effort there !  I've poured over schematics of this aircraft so many times and you are really hitting the nail  - those air intakes and wings are the real deal.

PALG, maybe you can try using Babelfish to translate small blocks of text?  It's not perfect, the translations are sometimes a little awkward, but your guy should be able to understand it.
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PALG

Cant wait to see if finished.

Mossie - thanks for the suggestion, might check that out.

ysi_maniac

Quote from: ysi_maniac on November 05, 2009, 05:55:20 AM
Very kind of you!

The thing is very close to gloss varnish before decaling. I hope to finish it by the end of november. :thumbsup:
I meant he end of december ;D ;D
you will see ... :lol:

ysi_maniac

OK let's begin the year in the best possible way!!

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

Along with Buchón for size reference

ElectrikBlue

You have done a great job on this one Carlos... I love the Dart!!!  :wub: :wub: :wub:  :bow:

Brian da Basher

That's a fantastic way to welcome 2010, Carlos! Your Dardo is simply gorgeous and a real testament to your talent and skill!
:wub: :wub:
Hotter than August in Burgos!
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

A very pretty looking aircraft Carlos, fantastic work! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.