Main Menu

J-7FS

Started by ysi_maniac, October 26, 2007, 07:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Up to this week, I was thinking in IRIAF and light  grey/sand scheme. But after real J-10 delivery, I am not convinced anymore.

So, I need suggestions, please

Thanks,
Carlos.
Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Lets begin with my proposals

Chinese (plenty of 3/4 colours camos)

Vietnamese (I do not know schemes, please help me)

Egypt (grey/green/sand camo used in Mirage-5 or low-viz greys but, in both cases, with those orange patches)

North Korea

Cuba

Albania

Any african country?
Will die without understanding this world.

cthulhu77

Wooksta suggested a Libyan scheme for one of my Russian builds, and I thought that was a good idea. Lots of whacky camo options.

Captain Canada

Nice work, ysi ! Love the look of the nose. As for colours...no idea ! I'm kinda partial to the Cuban markings, tho.

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

B777LR

QuoteVietnamese (I do not know schemes, please help me)
Bare metal :salute:

Id like to see this plane with either the South African Air Force (cheetah scheme), or the North Vietnamese air force, set up against a USAF long nose F-4 :wub:  

wolfik

I agree! wow...good work!  

Mossie

Gorgeous work Carlos!

If your looking for African markings, there are many that would look good, but I like the pale tan/green/charcoal camouflage on this Zaire MiG-21:
http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww3/f/14/171/0/1
Interesting roundel too:
http://cocardes.monde.online.fr/v2html/en/...pays/zaire.html

It's only a partial profile because they have only ever been photographed with their tails & engines missing.  Zaire inherited them from Serbia I think & it's not known if these MiG-21's ever saw combat with Zaire.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Brian da Basher

Absolutely killer, Carlos! I cast my vote for North Korean. You don't see very many birds in those markings.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Arc3371

Zaire looks good or Katanga, Biafra and LTTE if you just want to make up a scheme  

nev

It screams NMF to me  B)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Rafael

I loooove it!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Arc3371

When i think of it it looks a lot like how I imagined the Croatian Super-7....  

noxioux

Sweet!

I'll have to chime in on the behalf of a bare metal finish as well.  This thing would be gorgeous in a flashy cold war scheme (the U.S. kinds that were BMF with color trimmings).

McGreig

That looks wonderful!  :thumbsup:  :bow:   It might just be a trick of the photo, but it looks like two MiG-21s combined - is it Airfix fuselage and Matchbox wings? And is the chin intake scratch built?

I would go for a Chinese scheme, simply because their red and yellow marking looks good on any of their white, grey or multi-coloured schemes.

rafi

Swedish splinter camo (black green, dark green, light green and sand brown)?

Rafi