Main Menu

J-7FS

Started by ysi_maniac, October 26, 2007, 07:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Carlos, she's a sweet looking build! I think whatever you choose is going to look good. I kind of like the Zaire idea.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ysi_maniac

QuoteThat looks wonderful!  :thumbsup:  :bow:   It might just be a trick of the photo, but it looks like two MiG-21s combined - is it Airfix fuselage and Matchbox wings? And is the chin intake scratch built?

I would go for a Chinese scheme, simply because their red and yellow marking looks good on any of their white, grey or multi-coloured schemes.
Fuselage: Airfix MiG-21
Wings: KP MiG-21
Nose: Hobbycraft F-8 1/100 but heavily worked.

;)  
Will die without understanding this world.

Sisko

I would definetly go with an African operator.

They would be the most likely to operate an aircraft of that type.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

fabe

Unfortunately the Zairean MiG-21 profile is wrong in reality all had the same camo as Yugoslav Jastrebs/Galebs. I think Bolivia would be a good choice since they have a lot of Chinese equipment and need to replace their T-33s. But I'd also love to see a heavily wheathered Sudanese version.
ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

ysi_maniac

Finished in Aegyptian colour, configured for air defence/superiority armed with 2 x PL-2 and 2 x PL-10.

ysi_maniac

Ed S

Looks good.  I like the color scheme with the hi-vis ID panels.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Radish

Gloss White Chinese?

Camouflaged (tan, green, dark green over light  blue) Vietnamese?

Pale Grey Chinese?

What about an F-16-type, Pakistan? :wub:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

kitnut617

Man! that's a sweet looking aircraft Carlos!  Love the new nose, that really sets the stage.  And there's something about the canopy that I really like, looks sort-of F-86D-ish (I've always liked that canopy)

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Scooterman

lancer

Damm, that is stunning!!!! Amazing finish Carlos, one hell of a build!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

McGreig

The finished article looks really good in those colours  :wub:. A great result from bashing together two very old kits!

Brian da Basher

Nice one, Carlos! Those day-glow orange panels are very eye-catching.

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Oh yes, this is JUST right!  I love what you come up with.  You have a sort of consistent creative flair that makes me feel like I exist in a myopic daze by comparison yet gives me inspiration to think out of the box at the same time.

Wonderful workmanship.

:wub:   :wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Wicked ! That's gotta be one of the models of the year.....great job, Carlos ! Love the nose, the paint, the weapons load....just looks the part. That head on pic really does it for me.....what a tough looking aeroplane !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?