Started by retro_seventies, November 11, 2003, 05:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

Hubba-hubba!

Sea-Viggens!

Ooohhhhhhhh..........

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :cheers:  

lancer

Mmmmmm a mixed air wing of sea viggens and sea drakens...yummy..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

retro_seventies

Yup Lancer,

the swedish UN peacekeeping carrier is going to have a pretty torrid time...i mentioned drakens earlier in one of the threads (the initial concepts one i think) when i started talking about the swedes having a carrier, but i dunno how long the deck would have to be to hurl those sharky looking birds into the air...don't get me wrong, i'm all about the double-delta, but it'd have to be a "super carrier" almost to operate those guys...

i dunno why, but i find it hard to be as excited by new types as i should be really - i'm a 50's - 80's chap i guess...so don't be expecting too mant gripens from me, although i can't help thinking that somebody, somewhere, would just love to operate a sea draken as a naval interceptor 

somebody would need a longish flightdeck though.

and a sea tunnan - ahhh....

sounds good though, eh?  Plus there's all those fun other Saabs to play with - 105s, Lansens, tunnans, the 340 twin prop, a whoel bunch of fun stuff....hurrah for sweden!

and not just because its a cool country full of hot totty either...

all the best mate,

ben (excited because he just ordered 5 beautiful 1/144 viggens this moring!)

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Captain Canada

Viggens are awesome...and  a sea viggen would be even cooler !

I had one around somewhere...but now, again, I'm thinking I need another one !

Damn forums !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

A SeaLansen would look great with straight wings, like from a T-33 kit !

Cool.......
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

retro_seventies

You know, it just might....

or those jolly nice seahawk wings.... :wub:

hmmm....

awwwww man toad, you realise that i might have to buy two MORE kits now (three including the lansen....heck, make it four as i'll need at least two lansens...ack ack ack!!!)

cheers mate,

ben  :cheers:

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.