Macchi C.209s "razzo"

Started by gooberliberation, November 08, 2007, 02:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

impressive concept design there 'goober' only thing id change would be to lose the upper cowling guns, might be a tad risky with a contraprop?

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

John Howling Mouse

This is FANTASTIC.  Believe the deadline is today, though....will we be seeing this in the completed entries thread?  (please, please, please)    :wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

gooberliberation

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 02, 2008, 11:04:10 AM
This is FANTASTIC.  Believe the deadline is today, though....will we be seeing this in the completed entries thread?  (please, please, please)    :wub:

I'm afraid not. The seam on the bottom where the bottom of the nose meets the rest of the airplane has proven to be one helluvan obstacle. Its a result of the FW's nose being much deeper than the Macchi's fuselage, so theres a big step I've got to hide somehow. I can't just put a lump of putty there because it'd interfere with the undercarriage. I'm trying to come up with an intercooler assembly or auxilliary radiator to hide it.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

John Howling Mouse

Well, please be sure to keep it alive in another thread, then.  Way too promising to let slide! 
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.