F6F Hellcat WHIF Ideas

Started by GTX, November 10, 2007, 01:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tahsin

The first time I ever heard of wiffing was early 80s when a magazine editorial bemoaned against the dozen Sidewinders on a Spitfire . I agreed , it was unlikely to happen . Well , check this blog going down quite a bit  and tell me what you see .

Daryl J.

Two impossibilities:    ''Baby'' Hellcat:  rounded wing and fin tips, two blade prop, two guns per side.  Romanian markings perhaps.    And my perennial favorite scheme:  SEA green/green/tan/black to accompany the USAF He-219 in the same markings on the shelf.    Per usual, enlarge and square up the fin and stabs, perhaps one 20mm per side if it would fit and some napalm underwing. 

Why?    Why not!   :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

:cheers: (exotic assam tea with cream/sugar as it is yet mid afternoon),
Daryl

Daryl J.

The F6F-x served in Turkey didn't it.  With a paint scheme very similar to the Hunter in this link:
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=218436&st=20

Heh heh!   ;D ;D ;D
Daryl J.

thundereagle1997

F6F with a 360 degree bubble canopy & squared off surfaces including the wings vertical tail & tailplane for better performance.

zenrat

Quote from: thundereagle1997 on June 24, 2023, 03:56:38 AMF6F with a 360 degree bubble canopy & squared off surfaces including the wings vertical tail & tailplane for better performance.

Like this?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Quote from: thundereagle1997 on June 24, 2023, 03:56:38 AMF6F with a 360 degree bubble canopy & squared off surfaces including the wings vertical tail & tailplane for better performance.

Been very slowly chipping away at this (to be an FAA Hellcat IV in BPF markings) for a lifetime.  P-51D canopy will be added, no changes to wings, fin/rudder or tailplane:
You cannot view this attachment.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

thundereagle1997

Yes that this the aircraft I've explained to the both of of you, & thank you for explaining Zenrat & Kitbasher for explaining both the idea of the bubble canopy F6F Hellcat.

jcf

Quote from: thundereagle1997 on June 25, 2023, 01:27:19 PMYes that this the aircraft I've explained to the both of of you, & thank you for explaining Zenrat & Kitbasher for explaining both the idea of the bubble canopy F6F Hellcat.
The photo Fred posted is of a Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat. Not a bubble canopied F6F.

thundereagle1997

Thank you for explaining about the idea of the F6F Hellcat with the bubble canopy with the F8F Bearcat as the template & my apologies if I mistook the Bearcat for the  bubble canopy Hellcat.

kerick

Is that a Crusader canopy? That's awesome!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Jennings Heilig's bubble-top F6F-7 profile from many moons ago.

You cannot view this attachment. 

Madoc used to have a site hosting profiles by Jennings, JP Santiago (SentinelChicken)
and a couple of others, I saved the whole lot before he took it down.

PR19_Kit

That does look very 'Bearcat-ish'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

But bigger/more massive than a Bearcat.