F-100 and F-107

Started by GTX, November 11, 2007, 01:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundereagle1997

Sorry I thought the wing was the primary result of the Sabre Dance. Twin J-85-GE-21s would've made the F-100 a little better plus the wing & intakes of the Saab Draken as a modernised super sabre

Pellson

Absolutely no need to apologise!  <_<
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

French F-100 with french touch :mellow: or, maybe, SMB2 on steroids.

Will die without understanding this world.

thundereagle1997

Would an F-100 be better with side mounted intakes for excellent ground clearance a cranked arrow double delta wing for better low speed control a Rolls Royce turbofan to solve the sabre dance problem a bubble canopy for better visibility along with canard foreplanes twin vertical tails for better stability 4 30mm or 2 40mm cannons & a new array of air to air missiles would've made the Super Sabre even better?

Leading Observer

Quote from: thundereagle1997 on August 26, 2023, 03:18:22 AMWould an F-100 be better with side mounted intakes for excellent ground clearance a cranked arrow double delta wing for better low speed control a Rolls Royce turbofan to solve the sabre dance problem a bubble canopy for better visibility along with canard foreplanes twin vertical tails for better stability 4 30mm or 2 40mm cannons & a new array of air to air missiles would've made the Super Sabre even better?

Sounds like a Draken to me :wacko:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

It might be better, but it wouldn't be an F-100 any more, it'd be a totally new aircraft.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

reddfoxx

Love the 100, and the 107 is one of my favorite planes.

Reading a history of the Pakistan Air Force, and they were offered the F-100.  Chose the 104, of course.  Also the F-80 earlier; I'll track down the P-80 thread.