Fiat G91 ''Gina''

Started by Mike Wren, November 17, 2004, 06:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tahsin

Regarding 60s , one can also mention both Greece and Turkey refused to have 25 each , even when free ...

But I like the plane too . It was in a book I had first seen while learning to read and it still looks somehow impressive to me .

Weaver

Just noticed something interesting:

If you wanted a British equivalent to the Ryan Firebee drone, maybe derived from the Jindivik, in 1/72nd scale, then you could do a lot worse than start by taking a Tamiya 1/100th Fiat G-91 and turning it upside down to get the over-nose intake look. It scales out in 1/72nd to be about 10mm shorter than a Jindivik which, given that it would be a whif version, is fine, particularly if it's intended for air launch.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

I've got an old vac-form 2-seat canopy for a G-91T. Not a straight-forward conversion by any means since it involves stretching the fuselage and scratch-building the cockpit. However, I've just noticed something: Pavla do a resin cockpit and seats for the Mb.326. Now that's the same seats as the G.91T, and roughly the right shape (i.e. not stepped), so I'm wondering if I could use it?

Thoughts? Opinions?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Pellson

Quote from: Radish on November 17, 2004, 10:44:34 AM
Quite fancy one in Norwegian or Danish colours.
Is it big enough to carry an Exocet?

The RNoAF used/uses indigenous AGM-119 Penguin. Those are neither excessively heavy nor particularly cumbersome why I'd say that given an RR Adour 871 for some extra power, 2 x AGM-119 plus 2 x AIM-9 would easily go under the wings.

As the Penguin missile can be made IR-homing, you could at least in theory launch it blind in the general direction of the target, thus eliminating any need for an onboard radar. That said, ditching the cameras would most likely provide ample space for a small radar good enough for ASM targetting, just as the Jaguar IM does it.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

ysi_maniac

Fiat G.104

Two options for chin intake: semicone and F-16 style

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Gina with downscaled and shortened wings and tailplane from F-4.

Dizzyfugu

The landing gear is a bit narrow?  :o

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

Did you know that G.91Y was 137 cm langer and 2360 Kg (gross weight) heavier than G.91R?

I decided to reengine them. I have to accept that F404 for G.91Y is a bit extreme, but they did it with F-5, ... why not Gina?

Flyer

Quote from: ysi_maniac on March 14, 2022, 11:29:43 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 14, 2022, 01:32:23 AM
The landing gear is a bit narrow?  :o

You are right.

Maybe so, but to my eye it's no narrower than say an F-16, F-104, F-8 or A-7 to name just a few so it should be fine.  :mellow:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Old Wombat

And so Gina became Gino with the Big Donk. :wacko: :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

ysi_maniac

Flyer

ysi_maniac

MustanGina

Propulsion is not decided yet.

Is it possible to conceive a turbo jet that works as such but a part of its power is derived to a shaft that moves a propeler? Or a turboprop whose exhaust thrust is relevant (more than marginal)?

Flyer

Quote from: ysi_maniac on March 26, 2022, 04:18:33 AM
Is it possible to conceive a turbo jet that works as such but a part of its power is derived to a shaft that moves a propeler? Or a turboprop whose exhaust thrust is relevant (more than marginal)?

I would like to think either is possible, probably some sort of pesky real world issues that would make it unfeasible but :P to whatever they could be ;D

Looks good! :thumbsup: