Single Seat Defiant

Started by NARSES2, November 15, 2007, 02:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Whilst behind the stand at Telford I had a chat with a guy called Ian Hughes and he has very kindly sent me photo's of his 1/48 scale Defiant single seater armed with 20mm cannon.

I leave you all to enjoy this tremendous piece of work

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

NARSES2

NARSES2

NARSES2

NARSES2

NARSES2

Final shot - the origionals I have are far clearer unfortunately I had to reduce size considerably to get them on

lancer

That is amazing. I've always wondered what the Definat would look like without the turret, now I know. It also makes me wonder what it would have been like , performance aise, if it had been converted into a single seat fighter.
Thanks for posting.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

kitbasher

Fantastic model, and not too far from what the truth could have turned out to be.
This is pretty much what the Defiant prototype looked like befre the turret was fitted (sans cannon, of course).  Boulton-Paul also came up with the P.88 - a 4-cannon design to Spec F37/35 (ie the one that resulted in the Westland Whirlwind).  Two versions were proposed - the 'A' with a Hercules radial, and the 'B' with a RR Vulture. Both proosals were rejected.
See pages 643-646 of Shacklady and Morgan's Spitfire magnum opus plus the August 1996 Scale Aircraft Modelling (oh my God is it that long ago??!!)
:D  :D  
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

ysi_maniac

A perfect concept and high quality realization :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

nev

Great stuff - love the nose art too, is just rough enough to look like it was painted on the line  B)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

BadersBusCompany

How good would that look in Soviet markings? :wub:  

GTX

Nice.  Would look good in RN FAA scheme too.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!