Hurrijet, Jeticane?

Started by Jetfixer, November 18, 2007, 03:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetfixer

Here's a pic or three of a current project I'm doing for a g/b elswhere.

Here's a few shots of progress so far

Wings and engines together.

Noses slices and joined. Meteor cockpit plugged

Wings/engines sanded and primed, a couple of blemished to be removed.

dry fitting the wings/fuselage.

The premise being Hawkers had Glosters building Hurricanes when a specification was drawn up for a dedicated ground attack jet, Hawkers brought in the not too well known Irish aircraft designer Mr Paddy Fit. This is his creation using the tried and tested Hurricane fuselage and wings with strengthened center section and the Meteors 4 20mm cannon nose and engines. On searching for a name for the new type several suggestions were put forward, All using the names of winds, Cyclone and Mystral were suggested and seriously considered, When Paddy suggested Breeze or Gust the comittee just laughed, his next suggestion of Puff led them confiscate his guiness :cheers:

Greg
i'm not here, i'm a figment of someones imagination

The Rat

Okay, this one's going to get a lot of people going! Keep that camera ready.  :thumbsup:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

dy031101

This is exactly what I have in mind for former prop-driven planes to go jet!  Well done man!  :cheers:
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Allan

Good one Greg

like it a lot

Allan in Canberra

Jetfixer

Cheers Guys. I will indeed be taking progress shots through the build. Hopefully more tomorrow.

All the best.

Greg

ysi_maniac

I DO LIKE this bttb
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

kitbasher

You know, it's true that sometines you can't see the wood for the trees.  I'm doing the opposite kind of thing for the Piston Perfection GB but i'd never thought of doing it the other way round.  For a jet dH Hornet perhaps, but not a single piston and certainly not a Hurricane (a Jet Typhoon - ie of the Hawker variety - had crossed my mind, but with a single engine).
Top work, love to see the finished item.
:D  :D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

SPINNERS

So simple... it's genius :wub:  

Brian da Basher

Just stupendous, Jetfixer! I really like the nose and how it fools you into thinking the rest of the fuse may be something besides a Hurricane. THe use of a Meteor wing is simply inspired!

Brian da Basher

Daryl J.

The Meteor engines take to that airframe quite naturally don't they.
Neat stuff!

Daryl J.

McGreig

I like this a lot.  :thumbsup: Another one for the "I-wish-I'd-thought-of-that" file  :cheers:  

Jetfixer

A few moer shots, sorry there's not much progress.

On its undercart for the first time. sans wheels at the mo.

Hope you likes it.

Greg

waynos

I love the look of that thing, why does it look so natural and right?

What might it be called? Hawker Hairdrier?  :lol: If its a ground attack bird might it be named for the response it might provoke in the enemy? Hawker Hellfire!  :P

Beeeeeautiful, and I want one too.

Mossie

I like the idea of jet Hurri!  And it's not too difficult to imagine it, IIRC the Seahawk was originally designed as a 'jet Tempest' with Tempest wings & tail mated to a new fuselage, although it evolved away from this.  Who knows, had the establishment latched onto the idea of jets earlier we could have seen a 'jeticane'?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Leigh

Looks Russian to me, and careful those jets don't burn the fabric off the fuselage.
Nice one.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models