Early Hurricane

Started by wolfik, November 19, 2007, 05:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfik

hi all
here my Hurry made from the old but very good airfix kit.
the wings are made as the early fabric covered type and some details are added.
the fabric texture was made from self made thin (0.10mm) plastic stripes glued with Kibri (very)fluid glue and then sanded and polished.
the material is from a soft cheese package where the cheese slabs are lied in between this PS material :thumbsup:
some photos shows the stripes on the wings and not the hills&dales like reproduced by classic airframes on their Hurricanes...  <_<
the wing panels are made from very thin self adhesive laser photo copy foil for photo printing. the A4 sheet costs ca.1,50 euro. its white and because its for printing its good to paint it too.
the spinner and the wooden prop are made from plastic and casted in resin.
its propably not the last early Hurry I will made in the future...
this one will be propably the newer arrived "polish" L2048 example...
or a finish one...or...British Volunteer Corps on the republican site in spain?
so much ideas...
hope you like it
best regards
Peter

wolfik

wolfik

the venturi pipe will be removed before painting.its not correct for the late early type as I know...

wolfik

Arc3371

Looks good, Republican Spain or Nationalist Chinese would be interesting to see

B777LR

Cool, very detailed! How about South African markings? Or Israeli?

Brian da Basher

Nice work, Wolfik! My vote is for Spanish Republican. It's going to be a treat to see what shceme you decide on.

Brian da Basher

Daryl J.

Could you elaborate, please, on your materials choices a bit?   Is a similar product available in Yankland?   Is the large white area on the wing the same material?  Sheet styrene?

This is a seriously cool project!

Daryl J.

van883

Jetfixer

Beautiful work. nice one. There's some nice close up Hurricane reference piccies here... http://gregers.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=4975 scroll to the lower part of the thread,

hope this helps.

Greg
i'm not here, i'm a figment of someones imagination

red arrow jag

Just wondering..have you painted this yet?

Awaiting an absolutely stunning build.

how did you make the Venturi?
:o

BadersBusCompany

Excellent detail work, looking forward to this being finished. I too vote for Spanish Republican.

wolfik

the Venturi was drilled from thin stick in my proxxon.
the other end was drilled with an exacto blade.dont know how to paint it! was it silver or painted with camo paints?anyone knows it?

John Howling Mouse

Hmmm....hmmmm....hmmmmmm, I think this would look very nice with paint on it.
Then again, because your in-progress builds are so incredibly CLEAN, they probably look pretty cool on the shelf "as is" too.

:wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

red arrow jag

I'm now inspired...thanks more work!   I'm converting the 1:72 Airfix Hurricane into the early version (possibly the prototype?)
How did you prepare the 'cheese slice' material? ie, de-greasing do you think humbrol liquid fix glue would be ok to use?

do you have a close up of those wings??  great work again, thanks

(I think the venturi is camouflaged (as per the skinning around it) but this indeed may changed if a field repair was carried out (black paint or silver lacquer) so your choice really!