Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

All masked up with no place to go !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mike Wren

you never can have too many Merlins... unfortunately the RAF haven't quite figured this out...

anthonyp

H-71's are nice birds!  (Yep, co opted the bird since it got an American designation!  All Merlins are now H-71's  :P  )

I've got a couple in the stash I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with.  The hangover headache inducing yellow is a bit loud for me right now, though ((Thanksgiving + alcoholics-in-denial relatives)/ me trying to keep up = bad Friday morning).
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Captain Canada

I'm a wee bit hungover this morning myself......but I'm not blaming the beer !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

The grey one awaiting masking and the application of the orange....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Old Yeller......I skipped the red on this one, as I wanted to look like an RAF SAR example, I;m kinda partial on that scheme. That and the fact that my RCN one will be in the same scheme as the RN birds, so it just seemed right.

Anyway.....

I was thinking of adding a targeting pod ( like the older style spike or whatever they call it, with the bent down head ) and adding a missile, maybe a Sea Eagle or a Harpoon or something like that. Any thoughts ? Or should I just leave it as is ? Keep in mind that my Dolphin, CCG Merlin and Tracker are all armed.....opinions on this greatly appreciated, as I'm stuck on the fence ! Mind you, I might lose my balance and fall off once the beer starts flowing in earnest !

Go Habs !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

It definitely looks good in those colours Cap,
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Of course it looks good....it's CDN ! But what about the armament question ?

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Jeffry Fontaine

Door guns with GPMG (MAG 58/M240), one on each side and if you have a back door, you should have that covered as well.  Then you will need some extra fuel tanks on your pylons for the range and endurance  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

nev

Armed for intercepting drug smugglers and the like?  Sea Eagle and Harpoon may be overkill for that, maybe Hellfires and a chain gun?  Disable rather than destroy.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Thanks Nevster....you're the second person to mention Hellfire...might go with that ! Then I could add my little pod as well !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

My own personal feeling is to keep it the same, but that's only because I don't like seeing aircraft with a civilian role armed!  Saying that, the civilian role is usually only secondary (if the more usual role undertaken) for these aircraft, CSAR is the primary role.  To that length, the door guns that Jeff mentioned would work well.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Boy, you guys are making this tough ! Thanks for the input, Mossie !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Todd, pic you might like on A.net.  You can almost feel the sting & your nose lungs getting clogged!
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0987...QRFP&photo_nr=1
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Awesome pic ! And too right.....now my nose is plugged and my eyes are itchy !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?