2 More Cormerlins On The Go

Started by Captain Canada, November 23, 2007, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Thanks for the comments, guys !

And you got that right, Nevster....Merlins Rock ! Mossie, I did a Spec Ops bird years ago, I was going to spruce her up a little for the 'already completed' section, but here she is in the old days.

Not sure what I want to do next. Never thought of the AEW type....pretty good idea there ! I'd also like to do another RCN type, operational like.

And like I said before, those kits are real beauties ! I need to be sure to grab the Revell one, tho, as it has the weapons pylons.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Ohh, I do like that! :ph34r:  How about a waterbomber?  Either now, or in about twenty years or so when the RCAF are retiring some of their older Merlins?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Quote from: Mossie on January 22, 2008, 04:23:02 AM
  Either now, or in about twenty years or so when the RCAF are retiring some of their older Merlins?

They'd be knackered by then at the rate the hours are being put on them now.   :lol:

I'm seriously looking at doing an AEW version myself, but with a purpose built airframe for the job, not an afterthought/stop gap like how the AEW Sea King is.

All these Merlins are really good Captain,  I love all the schemes and I can't make up my mind which one is best.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Yup....thanks again, guys !

A water bomber does sound good. And the AEW.....what is your plan, Robert ? Tell me....so I can steal it !

;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mike Wren

the Italians have a AEW Merlin, it looks pretty similar to the standard navy a/c except for a larger undernose radome which is slightly wider than the fuselage

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 22, 2008, 08:03:36 PM
And the AEW.....what is your plan, Robert ? Tell me....so I can steal it !

;D

Well .... I don't know ----- but here's a hint, I figure that an AEW Merlin would be designed for it right from the start, none of this hanging radomes off the side as in a stop gap measure.  The AEW Sea King was quite successful so I would think the whole concept would be expanded on.

I think the two major items I would concentrate on would be a bigger radar and more endurance and just recently I got hold of a couple of items which would be perfect for what I had in mind.  I've a couple of spare EP-3 radomes which I found in a second hand kit I bought, with a bit a modification one could fit where the original Merlin radome is but it does cover the front u/c...... soooo! ..... I've also got the Italeri MH-47E kit where you get additional larger side sponsons and you have to cut the smaller ones off the kit (there's a built in score mark on the inside to assist here)  Then I ended up with two spare side sponsons ............  the sponsons fit rather well ......

Captain Canada

Allright, Robert ! Fire up a new thread and let's see some pics ! Maybe I'll join you and build one myself !

:wub:

And thanks for the tip. Mikey...I'm gonna go google that bird right now !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Cap, do you know which company here in Canada, looks after all Sea King & Cormorant upgrades?

Captain Canada

IMP out in HFX do the SEa Kings, not sure about the Cormorants. Saw lots of 'action' at HFX airport when we were working offshore a few years back. S-61s, 76s, lots of Sea Kings ( both CAF and USAF ). I would spend hours around there and at Shearwater wacthing my favourite helo......what a treat !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Supertom

Just how many of these kits do you have?!   :huh:
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Captain Canada

I had an extra one but I let my kid build it........

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Seriously nice stuff Toad, take a bow!

Wheredja git the CCG decals?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Rat !

Thanks, Bro....glad you like 'em ! The decals came from CanMilAir.com...and they're beauty !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Dear Todd,

I do believe all your CCG entries are the most impressive models you've done to date!

Gorgeous!!!!!
JHM
Cap'n Canada Fan Club President,
Alberta Chapter

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.