My Latest Project

Started by david sMiGielski, November 23, 2007, 05:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david sMiGielski

I finally finishing a big real-world project:  MiG-23

Now I need a carefree build. So I'm building Fujimi's Phantom in RAN markings, inspired by Gekko's awesome profile (thanks Richard). Hoping to start the kit tonight. Will post as things progress.

How did the country lose its way...when did we stop rooting for the man with a flame-thrower or an acid-spraying gun of some kind?

AeroplaneDriver

That same profile is on my 'To Do' list.  Cant wait to see your progress on this one!!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

coops213

That's a sweet looking profile! Never thought about an Aussie Navy phantom. Looking forward to watching this one take shape.

Chris

GTX

Look here for more.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

david sMiGielski

This is kind of a blah update. Got most of the kit put together this afternoon (I'm not breaking my neck to detail the hell out of this one). Not much to see yet. Hoping to have paint on it tomorrow. Things should get more interesting then.

How did the country lose its way...when did we stop rooting for the man with a flame-thrower or an acid-spraying gun of some kind?

david sMiGielski

Took today off, so I managed to get the final two shades of gray on the Phantom. The colors aren't 100% accurate for the RAN (I guess, but this is a what-if forum), but they look good to me.

Brian da Basher

That's one really cool camo scheme!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

noxioux

Sweet!  That is a great looking paint job.  Can't wait to see more of this one.

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Daryl J.

:wub: !   Awesome work.

:cheers:
Daryl J.

lancer

Looking very good, love the cammo colours, make it look very maritime.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

That is a nice camo scheme :wub:

Is it based on a genuine RAN scheme?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

david sMiGielski

QuoteThat is a nice camo scheme :wub:

Is it based on a genuine RAN scheme?
It's based on schemes seen on the RAN's A-4s around 1980.

lancer

what exactly are the 2 colours?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I did get a wee heads-up on this one.... looks even better than I imagined, and I have a good imagination ! This is going to be a true 'winner' I just know it. Keep the pics coming, David.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)