C-17 Globemaster III

Started by Mike Wren, November 26, 2007, 05:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Wren

I'm feeling brave & fancy ordering an Anigrand C-17 (1/144 scale of course, I'm not stupid), was thinking RAF Special Forces support a/c in green with a few lumps & bumps, like this...

any other ideas?

Captain Canada

any other ideas?
Nope. That would pretty much be perfect. I might suggest a few retractable cannons and miniguns in the doorways, tho, just to add to the lumpy and bumpiness. Maybe some tanks or other ECM under the wings as well.

:cheers:

So...have you ordered it yet ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

simmie

How about a C-17 to take over the antartic support work, with ski's of course.

Or a seaplane conversion??
Reality is for people who can't handle Whif!!

Now with more WHATTHEF***!! than ever before!

Mossie

Replacement for the Herc W.2 Snoopy???  I like your idea for a special forces bird Mike.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Archibald

Put the four engines above the wings  :wub:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Hobbes

HeavyLift?

Or if you're feeling adventurous, how about a bomber version?  

nev

US Spec Ops would be more plausible given their propensity for calling any above average unit "special forces".  You could gather the entire UK spec ops community and it probly wouldn't fill a C-17...

A couple of companies of Rangers on the other hand...  :tank:

But yeah, green RAF C-17 with FLIR turrets and stuff  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mike Wren

QuoteSo...have you ordered it yet ?
I have now...  ;)  

B777LR

How to whiff a C-17?

KC-17A! RAF/USN Tanker with hoses

AC-17A Spectre! (what kind of huge cannon could one fit in the side of a C-17?)

E-17A! Replacement of the NATO and USAF and RAF AWACS! (dish from the heller E-3?) Sorta like this: http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/specia...ft/y8aew_01.asp
Or perhaps this? http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/specia...y8-kj200_02.asp

EC-17A physcological warfare version! Look here for the EC-130 and inspiration: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EC-130_Commando_Solo

MC-17A! Special forces globemaster! Has a cool nose: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MC-130_Combat_Talon

SC-17, submarine hunting C-17!

Captain Canada

QuoteUS Spec Ops would be more plausible
Yeah but that takes all the fun out of it....might as well build another F-16 !

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gary

Fed Ex....  oh come on. I'm the only one who thought of that!

Thunderbird 2  ... as in Gerry Anderson. A present day sort of International Rescue used for super high tech rescue operations. But actually make machines that would be plausable with current tech.

Bill Gates personal flying wallet refueler.

Water bomber... wheres my snorkle?

Zero Gravity games arena. Live feeds for sports teams competing in zero G events. Imagine football or rugby in zero G

Flying aircraft carrier. What's his snorkle Rutan had some micro fighter designs or perhaps a mother ship for commercial passanger space flights

Strap some PW2800's over those jet housings and add some ball turrets and backdate a WW2 style bomber. Maybe something you'd find on Crimson Skies
Getting back into modeling

icchan

Me I like the idea of the RAF Dirty Works bird.  Hell, fictionalize it where the SAS gets a big boost in the War On Terror and sets up a global raid capability.  Parachute your team in, land the bird where you need it, and if the runways are too short well that's what JATO is for.

MEC-17 Blackbeards would be interesting aircraft indeed.  Enough ELINT/ECM capability to protect your teams on the ground, air-to-air refueling as needed, and some gun bits in the doors to protect your strike force when you're on the ground.

Would be the bee's knees if you put a little slot in the bottom so it could drop free-fall Hellfires from above, that could be guided in at low-altitude by a GLD with your troop unit.

elmayerle

A stretched version to supplement C-5s?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

B777LR

How about the C-17 was first built in the 1970s, and iran got hold of some, and still operate them today?
Or Flying Tiger Line?