C-17 Globemaster III

Started by Mike Wren, November 26, 2007, 05:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Lack a certain amount of thought. Maybe ditch the six for two Trents ;D

lenny100

looks like one of those cgi aircraft that change into another thing when a close up happens like today on the hisorty channel; when they were talking about the me 262 and were showing shooting stars
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

albeback

Now I know what to do with my  C-17 kits!! :lol:
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on September 29, 2013, 06:14:18 AM
Those rear engines are going to be eating a lot of hot air!

Gondor

That's what I thought as soon as I saw it on TV.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

Never noticed that sky roof when watching the show, too busy trying to see the giant bird painted on top of it!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

That does look good ! Nice to see one in different colours !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DarrenP

kitnut617

Anigrand in resin, Combat Models in Vacuform (with resin details).  I've got the Combat kit and a little while ago I bought up the last Anigrand correction set Nostalgic Plastic had which includes the elongated starboard sponson.  I was then able to get an Anigrand port sponson too and my C-17 build will be a half & half -- in Canadian scheme of course --  ;D  using CanMilAir decals
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kerick

Quote from: Nils on January 10, 2014, 01:00:36 AM
Kuwaits new C-17 has emerged.
love the paintjob, very retro  :mellow:

http://www.aviationweek.com/Blogs.aspx?plckPostId=Blog:27ec4a53-dcc8-42d0-bd3a-01329aef79a7Post:9d4545bb-805c-425c-bef7-056f932a71c0

What in blue blazes is the Kuwait Air Force going to do with a C-17? Haul a tank from one end of the runway to the other? Must be nice to have more money than brains. A better investment for them would have been several of the brand new C-27s the USAF is so intent on unloading.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

rickshaw

I think you'll find that the Kuwaiti C-17 like the Qatari ones are intended to be used to support VIPs on overseas trips and as part of an Arab League disaster response force.   An expensive purchase for such roles but when you have, literally money to burn like the oil states do, why not?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

rickshaw

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 10, 2014, 03:41:30 PM
Anigrand in resin, Combat Models in Vacuform (with resin details).  I've got the Combat kit and a little while ago I bought up the last Anigrand correction set Nostalgic Plastic had which includes the elongated starboard sponson.  I was then able to get an Anigrand port sponson too and my C-17 build will be a half & half -- in Canadian scheme of course --  ;D  using CanMilAir decals

I've been thinking about purchasing some of the Combat Models aircraft.  Are they any good?  What is the quality like?

Also, when was the starboard sponson changed?  Is this necessary for the Combat Models model?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

kitnut617

Quote from: rickshaw on January 10, 2014, 07:14:52 PM
I've been thinking about purchasing some of the Combat Models aircraft.  Are they any good?  What is the quality like?

I've a few Combat Models kits and this year I intend to build one or two of them.  I would say by the look of them, they are at least as good as Execuform kits, but with the bonus of having some resin detail parts.  Once I build a couple I'll have a better idea ---

Quote from: rickshaw on January 10, 2014, 07:14:52 PM
Also, when was the starboard sponson changed?  Is this necessary for the Combat Models model?

The original Anigrand kit had equal length sponsons, which the critics quickly had a field day on plus there was some errors with the forward end of the fuselage which are supposed to be corrected with this set.  Once again the critics have picked up on a few things but for myself it doesn't matter --- it looks like a C-17 to me.  But to be honest, I've not ever had a look at the Combat kit to see if the elongated sponson is part of their kit.  I'll dig it out later and have a look.  I think the Anigrand correction set came out a couple of years ago and was intended for people who had bought the original kit, not sure why Nostalgic Plastic had a set not claimed for but they had it for sale so I snapped it up.  It was only after I got the set that I realised that you don't get the short one so I wrote to them to see if I could buy one, which I was able to.  I should mention that when I got the correction set, it was at the time Rare-Plane Detective had bought out Nostalgic Plastic which might have something to do with the availability of the set.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Zombolt

What about a rear mounted Laser? I remember playing Ace Combat X, were you have to stop a flight of C-17, and these guys were mixed with them, in the middle of a jumbo jamming area. (This picture is not mine)

I'm not sure of What plane this is, but chilling with C-17's made me think of this thread.

[edit]
found another pic, game says it's a C-17, but it's missing a couple of engines...