My Entry "first Look"

Started by seavixenxj494, November 27, 2007, 03:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seavixenxj494

Hi to all , i saw this gb and thought that i would have a go myself , so this is going to be a B-40 Bomahawk , it will be painted in vietnam war camo. i have made a few modifications to the standard p-40 , such as the ejector seat , the 6 bladed props and the new arrangement of weapons , i will up date this post as the build goes on  , letme know what you think .

Steve.

Brian da Basher

That's just great, Steve! The new prop, wingtip tanks and weapons really make this work and the idea of using SEA camo is insipred. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your progress on this project! Aren't P-40s wonderful whiffing material?
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

GTX

Looking good so far!  Any thought to the operator - the RAAF were a big P-40 user and were in Vietnam you know - hint, hint!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

BadersBusCompany

My.......................that looks one evil looking little bugger! SEA cammo sounds spot on and I have to agree with GTX.........definately Ausrtralian!!
Looking forward to seeing this one develop.

Arc3371

Wow, that machine has VNAF written all over it!

seavixenxj494

HI everybody , i've not had alot of time to built recently but i have done a bit on the 'Bomberhawk' i was thinking about the tip tanks and changed them to cannons , i converted them with the under belly gun pod of off a phantom , also i cut the pannel out of the kit and replaced it with a seat and up to date pannel out of a hawk 100,  i hope to post more images soon :)

^_^  

gooberliberation

Looks great, especially with that six-blade prop! I do wonder though, what's with the putty on the wing? Aborted wingfold?
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

seavixenxj494

yep you hit the nail right on the head it was ment to be a wing fold inspired by the skyraider but it didnt look quite right so i took it away again :cheers:  

John Howling Mouse

Hey....whatever happened to this beauty???    :unsure:   Sure hope you finish it.

I wish we could pose your P-40 next to my P-51 (built for a one-week GB per below).  I think a Spitfire and Fury will be next to get the same treatment (oversized warload, tiptanks, etc.).

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.