Mitsubishi A6M9 "Zac"

Started by gooberliberation, December 01, 2007, 03:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

QuoteA totally different engine warrants a new codename as well. Any suggestions? Zac? :P
YAY! :P  :P  :P  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

B777LR

QuoteA totally different engine warrants a new codename as well. Any suggestions? Zac? :P
YAY! :P  :P  :P
Yeah, Zac!

Sisko

I like it!!

Makes it look totally different.  For some reason the name "rudy" springs to mind
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

ysi_maniac

This is a really interesting project :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

John Howling Mouse

Another one of those "Hey, why didn't *I* think of that?!" projects.

Cool.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

I like the idea of calling it the Mitsubishi Zac.

Or Barry or Eddie...

The choices are limitless.

Brian da Basher

gooberliberation

Here's how she sits now. Propgun fitted and spinner taped on for show. After a fair bit of painting it seems that "Soviet Brown #2" is practically dayglo orange. I'm not sure how correct this is for Japanese prototype orange, but it does more or less match most profiles I've seen of orange'd planes.  :blink:

Perhaps tomorrow I'll come up with a concoction of this and a bit of yellow and see how that looks.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Brian da Basher

That looks every bit the winner, Goober! I'd say you hit the nail on the head replicating that Japanese orange. I really like the gun in the prop spinner. Nice touch!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Jeffry Fontaine

The conversion to the liquid cooled in-line engine looks very convincing and the placement of the oil cooler in the forward location under the engine really does make a difference.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

gooberliberation

Progress so far. Awaiting decals, landing gear, and canopy. I imagine a prototype wouldn't be allowed to get its paint that beaten up but frankly, I like chipped paint; it does wonders in covering up my shoddy paintjobs! :lol: Tailcode was from a sheet of dry transfer letters, that's why it's all crooked.

Oh the difference some future makes. I really hated how the color looked before when it was flat.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

B777LR

Thats really nice, i like the lines of the aircraft :wub:

Next, a radial Bf-109?

GTX

Very nice - more picks need though, especially a side on profile.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

QuoteNext, a radial Bf-109?

Like these?

See here for more info.

Regards,

Greg

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Brian da Basher

That's just killer, Goober! Looks every bit the real deal!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

Oh yeah, that looks the part alright! :o  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.