Mitsubishi A6M9 "Zac"

Started by gooberliberation, December 01, 2007, 03:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Whiffery at its best!
I like this Zero
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

HOG

QuoteNext, a radial Bf-109?

Like these?

Regards,

Greg
Hey Greg
I don`t want to detract from Goobers excellent build but I`m in the process of chopping Arii`s 109 and 190 into a 109X (dirt cheap Ebah`s in case it fails). Any of those kits 48th.
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

wolfik

the orange colored Zero looks very good!!!
my idea some time ago was to fit the Me109 engine from the revell kit.
but as I se yours now so I forgot the...oil coolers  :blink:
the Me109 has two under their wings...
good work!!! :cheers:  

gooberliberation

Wow! How did the sheer badass-ness of wolfik's zero get past me? I wish I had half those kitbashing skills.

Anyways, I'm done with mine, soon to be entered into the Piston Perfection Build. My Macchi is stillborn due to massive technical issues so I'm glad to finally get one in.    :mellow:

I'm pretty proud of this one. Why? This is the FIRST build I've done without breaking the pitot tube once before completion :lol:

================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

gooberliberation

Look what I found in an old Jane's.. :ph34r:
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

kitbasher

Very, very good and totally convincing.  Well done.  Back to  :banghead: for the rest of us!!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Glenn Gilbertson

Well done, Gooberliberation - that engine really changes the lines! Very convincing.

Brian da Basher

You have every reason to be proud, Goober! This one's justr killer! From the way cool orange color scheme to the salt chipping and gun in the spinner this one has "awesome" written all over it!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

I would not have wanted to be an Allied pilot stationed anywhere near this sleek and deadly-looking fighter.  Nice work!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

*intense blushing* My face went the same shade as a Hinomaru upon finding this thread!

Anyways, um, *wipes a tear away*, lovely build and yes, very very convincing idea! And I LOVE the Jane's clipping! Icing on the cake! I can imagine this in a matrixone-built airfield dio, taken in B./W.....fantastic!

Jeffry Fontaine

Your finished project looks quite impressive.  Now that it is done, I have this sudden thought that maybe you should have gone with a German version assigned to the Graff Zepplin Air Group instead of sticking with the Japanese markings.  Maybe that can be your next project.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

gooberliberation

Quote from: jeffryfontaine on February 02, 2008, 07:03:12 PM
Maybe that can be your next project.

Perhaps. As far as kitbashes go, this was really easy.

Edit: Actually, that might look better (and possibly be slightly more plausable)for a 109/A6M kitbash, such as wolfik's build a few posts above. :wub:

McGreig

I like everything about this, from the original idea through the execution to the colour scheme and paint job.  :wub: :wub: A great model and very convincing.

Sisko

Great stuff mate.

Very convincing.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.