Ju-87 Stuka

Started by simmie, December 05, 2007, 06:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simmie

How about a Ju87 with the BMW 801 radial, and maybe retractable main undercarriage legs, folding back and rotating through 90degrees to lie flat.
Reality is for people who can't handle Whif!!

Now with more WHATTHEF***!! than ever before!

GTX

A bit like this maybe:

See more here.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

SinUnNombre

I still want to put an early model on floats with a torp and Finnish markings....

Jon

Mossie

Hmm, wonder if Wolfik has finished this yet?  Hmm, I'll give him a nudge!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Tojo633

There is a point, BUILD IT!!
This is Whatif so who cares what happened in reality, the point is to use your imagination and build models with some basis or logical development. Elements from reality can be used as an influence but the modelling should not be totally governed by it.
The Stuka looks good with the undercarriage, wing folds and BMW engine so go on with it, and who cares so get it finished. A more powerful engine is a logical development thought and although the BMW is one option the Junker Jumo from the Fw190D may be an other alternative. I pondered doing a Stuka on floats also and  I do have a Jumo engine somewhere mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sandy

simmie

GTX Ihadn't thought of carrierising it, but this I want to see finished

It look yumm at the mo!
Reality is for people who can't handle Whif!!

Now with more WHATTHEF***!! than ever before!

Tojo633

Here is a link to the Ju87C, a further search on google may provide more info.

http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/2833/luf...u87c/ju87c.html

Sandy

Joe C-P

How about a more primitive-looking folding undercarriage, going straight backwards, with the wheels sticking out under the wing and a bulge on top?

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

jcf

QuoteJunker Jumo from the Fw190D may be an other alternative. I pondered doing a Stuka on floats also and  I do have a Jumo engine somewhere mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sandy
All models of the  Ju 87 were Jumo powered, the only exception being the Kestrel powered original prototype.

Jon

GTX

QuoteI pondered doing a Stuka on floats also

Like this by Glenn?

See here - Another would be good to see (maybe with torpedo), so go for it.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

More on the Wolfik's 801 variant here and here

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Near the end of the war, some luftwaffe units tried to fit Jumo 213As to their Ju-87s in a bid to increase performance:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Well, I really don't know what to say about this - the engine is out of scale to the rest, but still:

Regards,

Greg

Brian da Basher

It's scary how well the Jumo works on your Stuka, Greg! What a great idea!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher
(who has a lot more inspiration than kits)

sequoiaranger

I offer my modest proposal--

Japan and Germany co-operate a little in the naval air realm. A German Aerial Expeditionary Force, known as "Kommando Marschall" for their leader, is brought by merchant raiders to, and stationed in, the former German colony of the Marshall Islands. The German carrier Graf Zeppelin links up with them mid-war. Onboard the GZ is the latest iteration of the See Stuka, more streamlined, with a small bomb-bay and doors, and using wing-root radiators instead of underwing, and having fold-back-and-twist landing gear.

My 1/72 "See Stuka" was made from the nose and underbelly of the old LS "Judy" kit that had opening bomb-bay doors, Corsair wings to keep the characteristic bend in them, and other Ju-87D components. A magnetic-anomaly-detector antenna below might pick up ships in bad weather.

The national markings, if you can't see them, are the Hinomaru with a black swastika superimposed.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!