Mig 1.44 Sawtooth

Started by noxioux, December 05, 2007, 10:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

This one is nearing completion, with just the decaling, the cockpit and some dullcote remaining to be done.  This will be an in-flight display, hopefully on some kind of clever little stand with some clear acrylic rod.  We'll see how that pans out.

I wanted a MiG with that sort of "Black Jet" appeal.

More pics, when she's all done up. . .

BadersBusCompany

Cant wait to see this finished, looking good so far B)  

BlackOps

:wub:  Sweet!  :wub: This is a knockout!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

What a great surprise that ventral shot is!

Very clever, IMHO.   ;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

noxioux

Just bumping this one with the finished pics.

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

PanzerWulff

FIREFOX LIVES!!!  :wub: I like it!!! :wub:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

RP1

That paint scheme increases the futuristicness of the jet by at least 107%.   :mellow:  Is it based on a real scheme?

RP1
"Just your standard-issue big gun."
- Batou, Ghost in the Shell

RP1 dot net
My Facebook

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Brian da Basher

Woah!! Love the "sharktooth" paint scheme! Those red stars are the perfect compliment!

Brian da Basher

Mossie

Wow!  The pics of the underside were a surprise!  Did you have a basis for the pattern, or just because it looked cool??? :ph34r:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

noxioux

Thanks for all the comments!

The sawtooth scheme is completely made up.  I originally wanted it to be more 'fractal', with the sawtooth edge more rough.  I may re-explore the scheme some on the pair of 1/144 Dragon Su-35's I've got on the shelf.  One thing about the scheme, is it does break up the outline of the aircraft from the bottom, particularly against a light background.

The Mig 1.44 is a great looking bird, IMO.  I haven't looked much, but I'd love to find a 1/48 scale version and try another variation on the sawtooth scheme in the larger scale.  Maybe a reversed winter/night scheme with a midnight blue on the bottom and a stark white on top.

nev

That sawtooth camo is the shiznit!  :ph34r:

I imagine it would be quite effective IRL.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May