Jhm's New Modeling Pad

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 09, 2007, 01:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

What it USED to look like back in the City:

What view I get NOW:

If you look *real* close, you'll see a certain Dremel 300i kit just collecting dust---I sent a couple of requests to Leigh for his new home mailing address so I can send his well-deserved Phoenix GB prize!

Computer hutch is still right next door so I can keep in touch with you lot:

And the happy Ms. Hitler ™ and little Spawn ™, enjoying the state of affairs of the model stash at the new house (back in July):

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

The Wife and Childlet weren't happy with the stash of unbuilt kits in the main basement so I made their day by relocating it all to our "media room."
Yep, somewhere back there is the TV we can no longer watch.

No TV means more time for models!  I started out real disciplined with the labelling of contents for every carton at first.  After a few boxes, I realized I'd never get them all packed in time for moving and just put "Models" generically on every carton.  I have NO idea where any particular kit is, anymore!   :P

van883

Fantastic room you've got there. How come you can't watch tv?

cheers
Van
from a much smaller house in the UK

Eddie M.

You're new digs are pretty sweet! B)  I don't think I've even seen a stash like that. Somewhere in there is a pair of helos that are just calling out to be finish......... :P
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Neat modeling room, Sir Baz.  Can we look forward to some more fantastic pieces  soon?

The Rat

"Pssst, Mom, one word - Ebay!"

:P  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

gunfighter

Where did you get the Dirty harry artwork? B)  

nev

Good to see you back big guy!

Great view, but brrrrrrr, and you must lose some heat through them thar windows?

Quoteyou look *real* close, you'll see a certain Dremel 300i kit just collecting dust

Phew, don't feel so bad about not sending your GB prize now!  :D   And seeing that enormous pile of kits I don't think I'll be sending you a model either.......I'll try and get it off before Christmas ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Jeffry Fontaine

QuoteThe Wife and Childlet weren't happy with the stash of unbuilt kits in the main basement so I made their day by relocating it all to our "media room."
Yep, somewhere back there is the TV we can no longer watch.

No TV means more time for models!  I started out real disciplined with the labelling of contents for every carton at first.  After a few boxes, I realized I'd never get them all packed in time for moving and just put "Models" generically on every carton.  I have NO idea where any particular kit is, anymore!   :P
I have to admit that I can not understand the estrogen biased logic that caused you to move your stash of models from the basement to your media room.  From the images you posted I can safely say that you now rival me in quantity but unlike your stash, most of my stuff is relegated to shelving and is in view and the safety of a 10 X 24 storage unit.  The box thing is no joy, unless you like experiencing the suspense of never knowing what is in the box until you open it up.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

frank2056

Quote...The box thing is no joy, unless you like experiencing the suspense of never knowing what is in the box until you open it up.
I have most of my models boxed up. Before boxing them up, I took a "group picture" of all the models in each box, then taped the printout to the box. For the models I have for sale, I went the extra step of putting the models in a folder, according to the box they were in and making sure that the file name included the box number. It's work, but a lot less work than rooting through boxes!

Mossie

Quote"Pssst, Mom, one word - Ebay!"

:P
OR:

Fancy the worlds biggest game of Jenga???

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Good to see you back Baz!  You, er, wouldn't miss a box or two, would you?!?!? :P  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

So pleased that you're back amongst us, Barry, you have been missed.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, guys.

Gunfighter, the Dirty Harry piece is my own painting I have yet to finish (I finally have an artroom at this new house again so art is back in action).

As for the windows, Nev, they're all Low-E Double-Argon or some such thing: very cool in summer and retain heat unbelievably well in winter.

Frank2056:  NOW you tell me your great idea for tracking carton contents!   :lol:

cthulhu77:  Yep, I'm working on some stuff finally.  Not "fantastic" by any means but I sure missed model-building while being forced to focus on other "real-life" demands.

Eddie:  You just HAD to remind me about the WUH's, didn't you?  And their parts are all in clearly marked cartons so I don't even have THAT excuse.  But my Tucara is soooooooooo close to being done.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Ahhhh the Tucara and the WUH, true milestones on the yellow brick goat-track of Whiffing !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Brian da Basher

I myself am deeply jealous Mr Howling Mouse. If you're not careful, I'll show up with a box of models and "borrow" your new work space.
;)
It's an absolute dream, Baz and I can't wait to see what incredible models come off that new bench! Congrats on getting the new house together!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher