Blackops Workbench As Of 12-12-07

Started by BlackOps, December 12, 2007, 08:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I really like all of the projects. The battlewagon stands out for me. Cue the new smiley. ^_^  :jawdrop:
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Thanks guys! I gotta figure out how to squeeze some model time in between now and Christmas, the schedule is looking full.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

BlackOps

OK, I have an update on the hover tank. I found a nice set of skirts for it after scrounging around the spares boxes and stuff, of all things a correction tape dispenser came to the rescue. I knew I saved all this stuff for a reason.

I even remembered to take a picture of it before I chopped it up :)

Current pic of the hover tank

gonna need a bunch of PSR to get rid of a few gaps at the seams but I like the overall shape.

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

cthulhu77

You see him there, you seem him here, you see BlackOps everywhere!  And everywhere, the builds are just plain fantastic !  Those skirts make the tank.

philp

It is amazing what we modelers see in everyday stuff.  This is looking better all the time.

There was a build in an old Scale Modeler magazine where the guy used a flower pot turned upside down as an outpost and armed it with a large laser weapon on the roof, made out of a highlighter.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Mossie

That's lookging good, inspired use of the correction tape dispensors! :thumbsup:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Brian da Basher

Yowsa Jeff that's an incredibly impressive use of "found" materials! Isn't it a hoot to use things on a build that aren't normally made for modelling?

This is a crackerjack project and I'm really looking forward to seeing more!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

BlackOps

I got a coat of primer on the hover tank so it would be easier to see the overall shape, hopefully it will make it easier to decide what to do next and see where I need putty.

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

You are definitely firing on all cylinders when you can foresee such possibilities from a correction tape dispenser!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Revived my hover tank project...

Added some bash guards and anti gravity housings (they only look like keyboard keys until they get painted  ;D )

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Nice to see progress on this innovative idea.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Mossie

Yeah, glad you've ressurected this one! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

I love your ingenuity on this - but I'd love to see the flying sub resurrected ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

BlackOps

Quote from: nev on April 01, 2009, 05:07:16 AM
I love your ingenuity on this - but I'd love to see the flying sub resurrected ;)

I was looking at it the other day, it's going to be a ton of work and I want to clear out some more smaller projects so I can make room for it on the bench. I'd really like to do some work on it soon.  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.