Started by Overkiller, December 23, 2007, 04:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overkiller

Martin H

u do like to live life on the edge dont u dunc LOL  
I can hear the knives being sharpened as we speak LOL......only kidding
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

gooberliberation

Hmmm, now there's a whiff idea... an American company gets a license to build the newfangled Spitfire to compete with the P-40 and P-39.

A production contract is awarded but the USAAF Spits are stuck with Allison engines either due to a desire to keep things at least partly homebrewed or due to a failure to get a license to produce merlins at the moment.
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Mossie

Running with this Spitfire idea, what if a reasonable amount about had been delivered to other European nations such as Poland, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary or France & found their way into Luftwaffe & Regia Aeronautica service?  Spit versus Spit???  DB601 engined versions like the Yugoslav Hurricanes?  There's a few conversions for that Zirkus Rosarius DB engined Spit around now.

With Brit aircraft, the Lightning is one that 'serious' modellers tend to get hot under the collar about.  Not quite sure why, there was room for improvement but many see it as perfection, or maybe because it was our only mach 2 interceptor?  I think the improved variants detailed in BSP are worth building, as well as a strike variant based on the Saudi versions.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Archibald

French Avro Vulcan. Oops, already done  :lol:  :lol:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Mossie

In fact, anything British in French markings or French in British markings!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Archibald

Sacrebleu! Un Concorde in british airways markings, c degoutant, mon dieu... :lol:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Mossie

I beg your pardon Monsieur, Concorde was a British aircraft!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

;)  ;)  ;)  

Jennings

QuoteIn fact, anything British in French markings or French in British markings!
Comme ça, peut-être?  :)

J

"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

B777LR

Imagine a radial engined lancaster with belly turret :wub:  

Mossie

QuoteIn fact, anything British in French markings or French in British markings!
Comme ça, peut-être?  :)

J

And Vichy markings too!  That can also get pulses racing sometimes, as much as Swastikas.

AeroplaneDriver

It's not a personal view, but a love the reaction from some of my ultra-nationlistic associates when I bring up the possiblity of an A380 Air Force One.  :D

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PanzerWulff

heres one that would make many cringe a Spitfire or Mosquito with a"Beard" style chin radaitor or a radial engined P-51 Mustang,
or something on the flip side what would a P-38 look like with Merlins under the cowl???
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

B777LR

QuoteIt's not a personal view, but a love the reaction from some of my ultra-nationlistic associates when I bring up the possiblity of an A380 Air Force One.  :D
Imagine the french president getting a 747, the german chancellor a 777 and the british PM a 767...

Riksbar

QuoteImagine a radial engined lancaster with belly turret

Shocking!!!  ;)  
"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."