Gregs Bench, Well Computer Desk!

Started by Jetfixer, December 23, 2007, 01:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetfixer

Here's the latest offerings from my bench. both being done for the RAF 100 build if thats ok folks?.

Firstly an A10 that will mostly be oob.

secondly a Harrier with a difference (or two)

comments and suggestions please?

Greg
i'm not here, i'm a figment of someones imagination

GTX

That first pic made me think of a single engined (1 big engine pod on top) A-10.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

B777LR

Jetfixer

QuoteThat first pic made me think of a single engined (1 big engine pod on top) A-10.

Regards,

Greg
Hmm, interesting idea, single scoop intake on top and a thumping great exhaust out back, cool. got to admit though this one will be the normal boring twin engine variety LoL. hope someone does that idea though, sounds cool.
Cheers for the nice words Guys, progress on the Harrier has slowed a little whilst I find the missing lower wing half.  :rolleyes:

All the best.

Greg

Captain Canada

The people demand to know more about that Harrier !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Jetfixer

Patience my young paduan, In the fullness of time all will be revealed I feel.

Greg

Clue is, all I have to go on is the drawing that the model is next to. its in an old Harries s.i.g newsletter

kitnut617

QuoteClue is, all I have to go on is the drawing that the model is next to. its in an old Harries s.i.g newsletter
In Squadron's Harrier in Action, the first issue, there's a photo of a modified AV-8A which has the AV-8B wing installed, is it that one Greg?

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Jetfixer

Its labeled on the drawing as an AV8BQ, I can't find anything about it on the net so this may be a what if drawing, I am not doing the twin tails as shown on the head on drawing though, I did think abiut it but decided against it. it will be done as an RAF bird as will the A10.

All the best.

Greg

nev

Artic camo on the Warthog GA.1 please  :wub:

Or Gulf War pink  :tornado:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

The Harrier looks very much like this 1983 BAe proposal for a Sea Harrier update:

But with a different nose.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

SinUnNombre

QuoteThat first pic made me think of a single engined (1 big engine pod on top) A-10.

Regards,

Greg
Hmm, interesting idea, single scoop intake on top and a thumping great exhaust out back, cool. got to admit though this one will be the normal boring twin engine variety LoL. hope someone does that idea though, sounds cool.
Cheers for the nice words Guys, progress on the Harrier has slowed a little whilst I find the missing lower wing half.  :rolleyes:

All the best.

Greg
What about a 3-engine? Seriously, keep the originals where they are, or maybe slightly outboard, and add another between them. And I think if you reverse the nose gear so it retracts backward, and center it, there would be room for 2 tandem GAU-8s in the nose. And bulge the sides of the fuse just a bit for the ammo drums, and double wheels on all the gear, and.....

Jon(Who's going back to his padded cell...)

Jetfixer

QuoteArtic camo on the Warthog GA.1 please  :wub:

Or Gulf War pink  :tornado:
Oh she's deffo going to be an RAF bird but with something different lined up for Cammo. think 'down there with the grunts'   B)

Greg

Blacklion213

that 2 tailed harrier looks like the plane from "cars" lol

--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=141464

elmayerle

QuoteThe people demand to know more about that Harrier !
Some art work from the good folks at St. Louis.  Once upon a time, I came across some clip art of it.  I don't know for certain how far along the study got, but it was most definitely looked at.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Jetfixer

Update time for the Yoda bench. That A10 has done a couple of shows now and has met with good feedback (cheers folks) and has also met a slight accident re-the cats) easily fixable though. The wing part for the Harrier has been found and the attack on this beastie will commence. I have got me paws on a pair of whacked out kits that someone with lower intelect (either pre-school or chav) has been having a go at. This pair are deffo whif fodder, as are the two Airfix Eurofighters I got. One I'm thinking iligitimate offspring of Eurofighter typhoon and Isreali F16I Sufa but with single seat.

Bestest.

G