B

Conformal Tanks For My Strike Hawk And Eurobomber?

Started by bentley61, December 28, 2007, 02:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bentley61

i need some opinions on if i should add conformal tanks to my 1/72 74 sqd. strike hawk to improve its range as its original fuel tanks are used for electronic jamming and surveillance equipment and if so what i should use to make them.

i also ask the same question for my 74sqd. eurobomber [ bomber tasked eurofighter ] as the stores for fuel tanks are used for carrying nuclear weapons from a b-52 and also what these should be made of.

pics soon hopefully  :D
:tornado:  

Brian da Basher

You should be able to scratch-build them by cutting up pieces of blisterpack material from a package of batteries. I think conformal tanks would look great!

Brian da Basher

noxioux

I would agree, conformal tanks would be an easy add (you could also use a two-part expoxy and just mold them in, as well).  If you are concerned with plausibility, then adding the tanks would make sense.

John Howling Mouse

In the past, I have actually used split halves from fueltanks, blending the edges into the fuselage above or below the wing chord.

I'd show you pics but the Projects are still considered Highly Classified...

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

GTX

CFTs look good on the Eurofighter Typhoon:

I'f love to see what you do with the hawk as well - another option might be a single tank underneath, Supermarine Attacker style:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Shasper

In regards to your Eurobomber (Strikephoon?), are you going single or dual seat?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

bentley61

hi,
thanks GTX for the pics, its bought new ideas to the hawk.
The eurobomber/strikephoon is going to be a dual seat version with a single seat to be built at a later date.
:tornado:  

Mossie

How about tip tanks for the Hawk?  Worked for it's Jets Provost predecessor & would keep the centreline pylon free for stores or the gun pod.

More pics of Eurofighter's proposed CFT's.  I think the bottom one was from a time before the final configuration was agreed & are closer in shape to those used on the F-16.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

bentley61

thanks for the idea, tip tanks would work better as i intended to put a LGB on the centre pylon to take out any local radar or enemy vehicles.

bentley61

i also need an idea for a colour scheme and sqn for my a-5 skyraider in raf service