Main Menu
S

Sports Teams Gb

Started by SinUnNombre, December 29, 2007, 09:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

This one could be fun, though I will have to find suitable aircraft for the Detroit teams  :ph34r:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Taiidantomcat

love the Steelers F-14 Tomcat idea My Fav jet and my Fav Team :thumbsup:

Carolina had a squadron:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/usmc/vmaq-2.htm

Ben
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

The Rat

Toronto Maple Leafs - Amiot 143 with the wings and guns removed. Why? Well, their season never gets off the ground, they have no defence, and they're kind of ugly to contemplate.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Weaver

Does it have to be a plane? My local soccer team are Stockport County, so my first thought was of Airfix's old Seaslug-armed DLG kit........... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on December 30, 2007, 07:01:25 AM
QuoteWell, I guess I could do a Landrover in Hull Kingston Rovers colours!  I'm sure there's a Rover car kit out there somewhere?
Hey Mossie. I know that Tamiya do 2 different versions of Rovers. One is the SAS "Pink Panther", and I forget what the other one represents. And you don't have to use a matching team and vehicle name. You can do any vehicle in any teams colors, that's actually the only set-in-stone rule. So if you can't find a Rover kit you can put their colors on something else.

Jon
Hi Jon, sorry, I forget that the Rover brand is only really well known in Britain.  Rover was originally the manufacturer of the Land Rover & was well known for producing cars before hand.  Worldwide, the Land Rover & Range Rover brands have become more well known than their parent.  Recentley, the two brands were split up by BMW, before being re-united under Ford.  There may well be a Rover car kit out there, although probably some years old.

I've got two Land Rover kits, the Tamiya 1/35 SAS 'Pink Panther' you mentioned (the other is an Ambulance variant) & JB Models 1/76 Hard Top.  If I join in this build, it's probably the JB kit I'd use.  The Land Rover fits the name & also the image of a Rugby League (seperate to Rugby Union, just to confuse a bit more!) team well, big, tough & rugged.

Ahem:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HELLER-JAGUAR-XJS-1-43TH-SCALE_W0QQitemZ170225503150QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1189QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

ouyin2000

Was reading through this one, and got a spark of interest.

The Rat

Quote from: ouyin2000 on July 03, 2009, 02:50:21 PM
Was reading through this one, and got a spark of interest.

WHIFFGASM!!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Taiidantomcat

Nice profile!!  :thumbsup:

Two bobs has Released its Iron City Apaches which features my Beloved Steelers:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/decals/tb/decal_tb48191.shtml

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

nev

Quote from: Weaver on June 06, 2008, 01:12:50 AM
Does it have to be a plane? My local soccer team are Stockport County, so my first thought was of Airfix's old Seaslug-armed DLG kit........... :wacko:

Question I saw once in a football quiz.

Q)  Notts County, yes.  Derby County, yes.  Stockport County - why?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ouyin2000

This one hurts my eyes...

The Rat

Nice one ouyin! I guess the Argos should have a flying boat?  ;D

Taiidantomcat

That is a pretty Kfir  :thumbsup:

Weaver

Quote from: nev on July 04, 2009, 12:56:40 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 06, 2008, 01:12:50 AM

Question I saw once in a football quiz.

Q)  Notts County, yes.  Derby County, yes.  Stockport County - why?

Hah! Nice try, but since I don't give a stuff about football, this is an ineffective means of winding me up... ;D ;D ;D

- Indiana Jones

nev

Its not a wind up, its a genuine question!  Notts County is in the county of Nottinghamshire, Derby County is in the county of Derbyshire.  Stockport County is in the county of, er, Greater Manchester?  Lancashire?  Never heard of a Stockportershire.......
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Quote from: nev on July 05, 2009, 12:40:51 AM
Its not a wind up, its a genuine question!  Notts County is in the county of Nottinghamshire, Derby County is in the county of Derbyshire.  Stockport County is in the county of, er, Greater Manchester?  Lancashire?  Never heard of a Stockportershire.......

Cheshire, aktually.

Apparently, it was established in 1883 as Heaton Norris Rovers, then the name was changed in 1890 to reflect the town gaining County Borough status. I suppose that means they should really have called it Stockport Borough, but Stockport County sounds better..... ;D

- Indiana Jones