Main Menu
S

Sports Teams Gb

Started by SinUnNombre, December 29, 2007, 09:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinUnNombre

Hey all. This was thrown out somewhere in the last couple of years, I just thought it should be revived. Obviously, some will choose to paint aircraft in team's colors that share a name. Just a few examples: NFL, Jaguars, Falcons, Eagles, Buccaneers, etc. NBA: Hornets, Hawks, Raptors, etc. NHL: Hurricanes, Lightning, Sabres, etc. You get the point. But that's not the only option, either. Just because your favorite team doesn't share a name with a famous plane, helicopter, tank, car, whatever, doesn't mean you can't participate. Just pick you're favorite plane and your favorite team, think of a scheme, and paint it. I was just watching Everton v Arsenal thinking how my Airfix FGA.9 would look in red/white with the Gunner's crests. Anyway, that's the idea. It should be a pretty simple yet fun build. I think it could run about 3 months in the 3rd or 4th quarter '08. So, have I got any supporters?

Jon

PanzerWulff

OH YEAH!!!!!! I'm So in be ready for some WWII german tank in black,yellow & white for my favorite NFL team the
"BLITZBURG STEELERS"!!! :tank:  :blink:  :tank:  :blink:  :tank:

"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Mossie

Well, I guess I could do a Landrover in Hull Kingston Rovers colours!  I'm sure there's a Rover car kit out there somewhere?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

SinUnNombre

QuoteWell, I guess I could do a Landrover in Hull Kingston Rovers colours!  I'm sure there's a Rover car kit out there somewhere?
Hey Mossie. I know that Tamiya do 2 different versions of Rovers. One is the SAS "Pink Panther", and I forget what the other one represents. And you don't have to use a matching team and vehicle name. You can do any vehicle in any teams colors, that's actually the only set-in-stone rule. So if you can't find a Rover kit you can put their colors on something else.

Jon

Brian da Basher

I'd like to do one in the scheme of that championship CFL team I cheer on for Grey Cup success every season, the Atlantic Schooners.

My second pick would be the Flying Wildcats.

Brian da Basher

Mossie

QuoteWell, I guess I could do a Landrover in Hull Kingston Rovers colours!  I'm sure there's a Rover car kit out there somewhere?
Hey Mossie. I know that Tamiya do 2 different versions of Rovers. One is the SAS "Pink Panther", and I forget what the other one represents. And you don't have to use a matching team and vehicle name. You can do any vehicle in any teams colors, that's actually the only set-in-stone rule. So if you can't find a Rover kit you can put their colors on something else.

Jon
Hi Jon, sorry, I forget that the Rover brand is only really well known in Britain.  Rover was originally the manufacturer of the Land Rover & was well known for producing cars before hand.  Worldwide, the Land Rover & Range Rover brands have become more well known than their parent.  Recentley, the two brands were split up by BMW, before being re-united under Ford.  There may well be a Rover car kit out there, although probably some years old.

I've got two Land Rover kits, the Tamiya 1/35 SAS 'Pink Panther' you mentioned (the other is an Ambulance variant) & JB Models 1/76 Hard Top.  If I join in this build, it's probably the JB kit I'd use.  The Land Rover fits the name & also the image of a Rugby League (seperate to Rugby Union, just to confuse a bit more!) team well, big, tough & rugged.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PanzerWulff

Didn't italeri make a range rover (I'm not sure what model) in 1/24 scale??? I thought I remembered seeing one on my last trip to HobbyTown
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Mossie

Yeah, Paris-Dakar version in quite funky colours!  They do a Land Rover too.
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php...%5B%5D=code+asc

Blacklion213

*see Patriot and Dolphin F-15 and HH-65 in the future*

IMHO here's is how i would do the 32 NFL teams

AFC: F-14 ( cuz i like the tomcat)
Bills = Brewster Buffalo
Dolphins = HH-65
Patriots = F-15 ( both r undefeated  ;D)
Jets = F-86A
Ravens = EF-111
Bengals = Eurocopter Tiger
Browns = Peanut Scheme A-10
Steelers = F-14 ( Grumman Ironworks....)
Texans = F-106 (Six..six shooter....)
Colts = P-51D
Jaguars = Jag Mk 3
Titans = A-10
Broncos = P-51
Chiefs = AH-64
Raiders = F-8
Chargers = EA-6B

NFC= F-15 ( f-14 rival)
Cowboys = F-106 (six Shooter...)
Giants = C-5
Eagles= F-15
Redskins = CH-47
Bears = Tu-95
Lions = F-21A
Packers = C-130
Vikings = S-3 (i may do this too hmmm)
Falcons = O-1 bird DOG ( j/k) F-16 of course
Panthers = AH-65 (armed verison of the HH-65) or the F9F
Saints = E-3 or E-2 ( God.... all seeing... follow me?)
Bucc's = Buccaneer
Cardinal = AH-6 Little Bird ( u know u always wanted to do one in yellow lol)
Rams = A-10
49er's = F-80
Seahawks = SH-60, T-45

--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=141464

nev

I've been contemplating for a while building a Redwings team jet.  They currently use a DC-9, the dash 51 variant which has a capacity of about 120 - although I'm guessing for a team jet they don't cram them in like sardines.  Given all the overnight flights I would expect the players to be sat in a business/first class style.

So, what would replace this?  25 players (plus all their gear), 10 or so coaches and staff, plus all the beat journalists, commentators etc who follow the team around.  Must be at least 60 regulars on the plane.

I'm thinking something like an A318 or A319 - or would one of the larger business jets be suitable?

Embraer E-170 series (kits may be a problem though)

Bombadier CRJ series (kits may be a problem again)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

An A380 Nev, with a practice rink on the lower deck??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welsh models do vac form kits of the E-135/145 & CRJ & Revell do a 1/144 kit of the Challenger which you could stretch if you got two.  I think the large biz jets are pushing it though for 60-odd people in luxury comfort.   How about going retro, with maybe a Connie or DC-4/DC-6?  You've got a choice of 1/72 or 1/144 with both of those.

Blacklion213

well since i did the NFL, how about MLB and NBA as well. edit NHL added for fun

Atlanta Braves = AH-64
Florida Marlins  = HH-65
New York Mets = F-14
Philadelphia Phillies = F-4
Washington Nationals = F-15
Chicago Cubs = Kfir C7
Cincinnati Reds = P-51 ( Tuskgee airman....)
Houston Astros = F-104
Milwaukee Brewers = KC-135
Pittsburgh Pirates = A-7
St. Louis Cardinals = AH-6
West Arizona Diamondbacks = F/A-18F (VFA-102) or AH-1
Colorado Rockies = SR-71 or U-2 ( High Alt)
Los Angeles Dodgers = F-16CJ ( Doging SAMS)
San Diego Padres = A-37
San Francisco Giants = MD-80

Baltimore Orioles = T-37
Boston Red Sox = A-10A
New York Yankees = F-15
Tampa Bay Rays = B-2
Toronto Blue Jays =T-33
Chicago White Sox = B-52 ( Anti flash White)
Cleveland Indians = UH-1
Detroit Tigers =Eurocopter Tiger or F11F Tiger
Kansas City Royals Tornado ADV
Minnesota Twins F-82
Los Angeles Angels E-2 or E-3
Oakland Athletics A-10
Seattle Mariners SH-60
Texas Rangers Bell 206

NBA
Boston Celtics = S-3
New Jersey Nets = F-4
New York Knicks = F-105
Philadelphia 76ers = F-15
Toronto Raptors = F-22
Chicago Bulls = A-10
Cleveland Cavaliers = A-7
Detroit Pistons = P-47
Indiana Pacers = SR-71
Milwaukee Bucks = T-38
Southeast Atlanta Hawks = H-60 or T-45/Hawk
Charlotte Bobcats = F9F Cougar
Miami Heat  = F-86
Orlando Magic = EA-6B
Washington Wizards =  EF-111
San Antonio Spurs = F-106
Houston Rockets  = F-104
Memphis Grizzlies  = Tu-95
New Orleans Hornets = F/A-18
Dallas Mavericks = A-10
Denver Nuggets = T-50
Minnesota Timberwolves = T-6A Texan II
Portland Trail Blazers = F-80
Seattle SuperSonics = SR-71
Utah Jazz = F-14
Golden State Warriors = OH-58 
Los Angeles Clippers  = 747
Los Angeles Lakers  C-172 with floats
Phoenix Suns Phoenix, F-14
Sacramento Kings  C-12

NHL
New Jersey Devils = P-38 ( Fork tailed Devil)
New York Islanders  = F-14 ( Home of the tomcat)
New York Rangers =
Philadelphia Flyers = Wright Flyer
Pittsburgh Penguins = T-38
Boston Bruins Boston = Tu-95
Buffalo Sabres = F-86
Montreal Canadiens = CF-5
Ottawa Senators =  C-32
Toronto Maple Leafs = CF-18
Atlanta Thrashers = F-16
Carolina Hurricanes = WC-130, Hawker Hurricane, EF-2000
Florida Panthers = F9F Panter, AH-65
Tampa Bay Lightning = P-38, BAC Lightning, F-35
Washington Capitals = F-15
Chicago Blackhawks = UH-60
Columbus Blue Jackets = A-6
Detroit Red Wings = F-111
Nashville Predators = MQ-1
St. Louis Blues = F/A-18
Calgary Flames = A-4
Colorado Avalanche = T-114 tutor ( Snowbirds)
Edmonton Oilers = KC-10 / KC-135
Minnesota Wild = F4F
Vancouver Canucks = CF-100
Anaheim Ducks = Grumman Duck
Dallas Stars = F-104
Los Angeles Kings = C-12
Phoenix Coyotes = AV-8
San Jose Sharks = F-16

nev

wow, you put some thought into that!  :o
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Blacklion213

yea i wakinda bored, it was that or watch paint dry, when do we start, i dont want to get too far building my HH-65

Blacklion213

hmmm should .... on an F-15D/E ?