Academy 1/48 Hunter FGA-9

Started by AeroplaneDriver, January 01, 2008, 07:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

QuoteSweet Hunter!

You beat me to the punch, I was lovingly caressing the Revell F.6 the other day and thinking - JASDF....

Wish I had bought it now.... :rolleyes:

:cheers:

O.K.
Believe me, I would rather have done a Revell kit, but the only JASDF decals I have are 1/48 from an F-86.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

McGreig

Stunning colour scheme  :wub:  :bow: and an interesting technique which I must try one day - thanks for the tutorial pics  :thumbsup:  

AeroplaneDriver

One last pic for tonight now that the Hinoramu are on.

After considering several loadout options I've decided it will only carry tanks and Sidewinders in accordance with strict Article 9 limitation on offensive armaments.

Should be finished tomorrow!

AeroplaneDriver

Decals are finished.  The JASDF markings came from a Hase F-86F, and I used all the stencils from the Hunter decals.

I did a little research into the JASDF numbering system to come up with the 35-7728 tail code.  

3 is the last digit of the delivery year (in this case 1963),
5 is a type designator Several types use the same designation number, for example the C-130 and 767 are both "4", the T-2 and Hawker 800 are both "9", and so on and so on.  I chose 5 at random.  
7 is the role designator.  "7" is Tactical Fighter.
728 is the serial assigned to the aircraft.  I use 728 frequently on my whifs simply because July 28 is our anniversary.

One of the things that I love about whiffing is learning something form the research.  If I had built the OOB JASDF Sabre I would still likely not have a cluse about how they number their aircraft.  By researching a realistic loadout for the Hunter I also learned a lot more about just how restrictive Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution was and is.  

Anyway, we're not in school now, so on to the latest pics.  I'm about to start the weathering, so the next pics will be the finished model.

outside in the sun

inside with the flash

Brian da Basher

AD this is one stunning example of perfectly executed camo paintwork! You've got a great eye for color and proportion! This little beauty is an inspiration!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Rafael

Beautifully done!!

Has an air of simplicity to it, yet is so elegant!! :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER