Dorks Oddball Raf Tceptor

Started by Dork the kit slayer, January 04, 2008, 03:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

Having to put this aside for the next 14 days........stupid job

I have a choice of missile armament  Firestreak or redtops :( ...what say you people.?
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Rafael

Both!!! :thumbsup:

Looks killer in that dress!!! :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Either is good, but both is better ! :wacko:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

lancer

I concour, both Redtop and Firestreak for the loadout.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

AeroplaneDriver

While I agree that a combination of both would look really, really cool, what would be the rationale for two types of IR missile, with one being less capable?  

If I were to vote for a single type I would say Red Top.  It's the better missile and looks cooler to me.

Love the nose on that thing BTW!!   :wub:  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

RP1

I'd say Red Top, just because it maximises the number of wing-shapes in the model.  :)

RP1  
"Just your standard-issue big gun."
- Batou, Ghost in the Shell

RP1 dot net
My Facebook

BadersBusCompany

QuoteI'd say Red Top, just because it maximises the number of wing-shapes in the model.  :)

RP1
Good shout, I agree, and that paint job is great. B)  

noxioux

Perhaps a complete sideline, but why not go with the cold war groove and do a nuclear Geenie?  Or a pair?

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: RP1 on January 04, 2008, 07:32:09 AM
I'd say Red Top, just because it maximises the number of wing-shapes in the model.  :)

RP1  

I kinda like your thinking...........................I shall become a hermit for two weeks and think about this.

retro_seventies

Yes!   Definitely Red Top - will look great with those 2 drop tanks too.

Great looking model so far Dork, a nice change from the Lightning!
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Mossie

T'ceptor?  Based in the north then, aye lad???  Looks good so far.  I'd go with Red Top too, I've always liked the different look that that those trapezoidal fins & blunt nose give it compared to other missiles.  Saying that, Firestreak fits the timescale of your colour scheme, I think that's PRU blue underneath?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dork the kit slayer

I was thinking more towards light gray underneath (it is a WIF after all)  The "hunter collector bloke" wants me to go the silver route............................juries still out.

My project is to do an early one then update it with a belly tank( ala Lightning) in the grays with the later missiles,but we all know about the best laid plans of mice and wiffers dont we.