Airfix Nimrod

Started by NARSES2, January 05, 2008, 03:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Quote from: Tojo633 on February 19, 2008, 09:50:56 AM
Well
Look what I found on Evil Bay a nice link to a seller who has the Airfix Nimrods at just over half price here is the link to one:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120224152520&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

Well that just about pays the VAT on the kit
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Aircav

After seeing the bomb bay on the Nimrod I think Airfix made the right decision because if they tried to replicate this they would of got slated.

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Martin H

one comment that Trevor Snowdon made to thorvic at Huddersfield ref the simple bomb bay comes to mind. "It leaves plenty of room for the after market boys to have a play".
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitnut617

Well my two are in the mail, can't wait to fondle the plastic when it gets here.  I'll even dig out my Transport Wings Nimrod to see how they stack up.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TsrJoe

just picked up my 2 kits from the parcel office, definately a big lump of plastic for sure, ill fondle the bits over lunchtime. Methinks ill build one as a '51 bird (i had a couple of joyrides in those many years ago when at Wyton) the other ill prob store away for the no doubt AEW conversion to follow  :wacko:
(the old vacuform one is now going to be a design project model, hmm..where did i put that rotodome...!)

:wub:

chers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Radish

The market decides the price.
Very many will be bought at the full price, and later, at vastly over-inflated prices due to scarcity.
Meanwhile, Mr.Hobbies regularly has lots of a new release and I have every confidence he'll shift them at model and air shows he does.
If Airfix kits have a few niggles in the construction...so what! We're modellers after all, and is there ANYONE who doesn't tinker...a bit of detail here, a bit left out there, a resin thingy possible and decals?
I won't buy because it doesn't appeal, but the 1/72nd Canberra might do so, especially a new tool one. Fancy some USAF Vietnam markings :wacko:on a PR.9 :wacko: :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

MartG

Mine arrived in the post today - and it's huge ! Decal sheet is bigger than A4  :o

Painting guide is in colour, and shows 6 variations ( 1 grey/white, 3 hemp/grey, 2 grey overall )
Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

kitnut617

It's not as big as a 707/C-135, I've got a few of those in 1/72.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lenny100

mine arived today
Now what do i need for my little project
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

lancer

Actually wondering if I'll be able to pick any up now.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

I wouldn't think it'll be a problem for a month or two, Lance. Even then the airshow season will be 2on" and I expect some to be around.

:wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Mossie

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 20, 2008, 04:29:12 AM

That's bollocks.

No, it's not.  If the Nimrod dosen't sell & the traders get their fingers burnt it will shake confidence.  They may have over estimated, but that means they will think twice before doing so again & order less from Hornby.  Which, depending on how much lower the order is, may make Hornby wonder about how economical it is to sell a riskier kit.

Notice I say 'if'!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Amphion

Quote from: lancer on February 20, 2008, 11:52:43 AM
Actually wondering if I'll be able to pick any up now.

Flee-bay is full of 'em. Shouldn't be too hard.
Amphion

Aircav

I've been looking at some photos of the AEW.3 version and its not my imagination is it, the radomes are oval in cross section, hmm, nothings ever simple. :banghead: >:(
Does anyone have a plan drawing of them ?

Sir Sydney Camm

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.