TA-154 1/72nd PM/Pioneer

Started by cthulhu77, January 12, 2008, 12:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

What a beautiful kit! The cockpit comes with armchairs!

ok, some light scratching built a somewhat better pit:

and here we sit at 1 or so (two hours into the kit) with the gluing and clamping going on:

cthulhu77

Lee, I was going to toss the kit, until someone told me it was unbuildable. I'm easy, and the hackles go up.
  I can't spend the bucks on it though, the Mrs. would kick my arse (I'm not working much this winter).
  Still have huge plans for my Promodeler/Dragon version in 48th, I've been slowly stockpiling stuff for that one.
   To do a good version of this in 72nd would run around 40-50 bucks, out of my range right now, good idea to swap the engines, etc out, though.

cthulhu77

Yep, got it.  The larger version I am building is going to take about three years to do, but should be worth it in the end.  This one, I scratched the cockpit this morning,
I lucked out and got a Revell night fighter with the same sort of radar, so I can scarf up some bits to make this look better. I have given myself a deadline of finish by tomorrow pm, so I better get sanding.
  If you have any pics of your build, Lee, I would dig seeing them...I don't know what all the carping and whining was about, it seems like a Frog kit to me?
  Neat plane, no matter what.

cthulhu77

Drilled out the gun ports, and am now onto PSR:

cthulhu77

I've got one of those larger jobs too, much nicer! :)
  Sanded down the joints, and fitted on the wing:

matrixone

Thats some nice work on that old kit.

I built one of those years before the Hasegawa kit was available, I remember that I used a LOT of putty during that build.

The shape of the kits spinners looked awful so I used some extras I had leftover from the Italeri Ju 188 kit instead and they improved the look of the finished model quite a bit.

Matrixone

cthulhu77

I must have lucked out, the spinners are ok, but the props are going to take some work.
PSR just about done:

Brian da Basher

Looking good, Greg! I really like your detailing on that 'pit. I'm going to enjoy watching you bring this one toigether.

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Thanks!  Primered, and a last look at the pit prior to the glass going on:

SinUnNombre

Nice work, Greg. Just a thought......what about a jet powered version? Use the wings, engines, gear, et al from a 262, and just pretend that they built the fuselage from metal on the same patterns....like I said, just a thought

Jon

cthulhu77

Quote from: SinUnNombre on January 13, 2008, 03:06:17 PM
Nice work, Greg. Just a thought......what about a jet powered version? Use the wings, engines, gear, et al from a 262, and just pretend that they built the fuse lage from metal on the same patterns....like I said, just a thought

Jon

It's going to be a while before someone talks me into this kit again, but that is not a bad idea at all...maybe even crank the wings?

Rafael

Beautifully scratched office, Greg!!!

Seems from here that there's nothing wrong with the kit, but reading all the impressions, that just shows how hard you been at work to present this impeccable product.

Nice!!!

What dress is she wearing next!! :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

cthulhu77

BlackOps

Greg, looks like your making quick work of it. Looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing the paint go on :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Captain Canada

Nice work, Gurg ! She looks o nice and smooth in that primer.......very well done !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?