B

SNJ, T-6, AT-6, Texan, Harvard, CAC Wirraway, CAC Boomerang

Started by B777LR, January 22, 2008, 07:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

We have already seen the Harvard disguised as Zeroes, and countless other aircraft...

Here i bring the Harvard disguised as a Fokker D.XXI!

http://www.zap16.com/mil%20fact/Fokker%20D%20XXI.htm

Any others? Perhaps we could do a make the harvard look like another aircraft group build? Think i would do a SAAB B.17 lookalike then...

Excalibur

Not a bad likeness really, most people watching the film wouldn't know what a Harvard is anyway! Other planes it might be able to "double" for would be the Dauntless (similar basic shape stick a MG out the back) it might also look ok as a Val if you dressed up the landing gear with spats. I'm sure there are more I'll have to think about it.

PanzerWulff

wasn't the comonwealth "Boomerang" based on the AT-6 Harvard/Texan/SNJ???  :huh: :huh: :huh:
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Excalibur

Quote from: PanzerWulff on January 22, 2008, 09:30:07 AM
wasn't the comonwealth "Boomerang" based on the AT-6 Harvard/Texan/SNJ???  :huh: :huh: :huh:
"Panzer"

Your thinking of the "Wirraway" which is pretty much identical to the Harvard.

jcf

Quote from: PanzerWulff on January 22, 2008, 09:30:07 AM
"Panzer"

The Boomerang was based off of the Wirraway airframe, the Wirraway was the license built NA-33(NA-16-2K).
The Wirraway is closer to a Harvard I or Air Corps BC-1 than an AT-6.

Sweden built the NA-31(NA-16-4M) under license as the Sk 14 and Sk 14A (Piaggio P VIIc RC35 radial).

Jon

K5054NZ

Well the Dauntless has been done at least once, for "The Great Raid" starring James Franco. A T-6 and Wirraway were repainted in generic navy blues, and the Wirraway had a dorsal fin fillet grafted on. I think for "A Bridge Too Far" they used Harvards for Thunderbolts and possibly Typhoons/Tempests!

There's a Boomerang replica flying in the US with, I think, Eliot Cross, that was manufactured using a fair amount of T-6 components.

BTW it would be great to see a D.XXI fly, but until then, the job on that Harvard aint half bad!

B777LR

Kellys Heroes featured a T-6 firing rockets, guns and bombs! Must have represented something...

Other things the T-6 could be disguised as:

Fw-190s

Sea Fury

Fiat G.50

Hellcats would be slightly far off, but if used in a movie, most people wouldnt notice

jcf

K5054NZ

;D Looks as though it's parked to a REAL F6F! What a shame, otherwise it looked soooo accurate!

In that case, if the GB goes ahead, I'd like to do the Fiat G.50, thank-you!

GTX

Quotethe Wirraway was the license built NA-33(NA-16-2K)

Speaking of the Wirraway:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

K5054NZ

WOO WIRRABANGER! A mate of mine owns one, albeit a project. Lovely aeroplane. I really want to do a 1:72 one.

If memory serves that example is the oldest in existence, without referring to my, um, references, I think it's A20-8? Moorabbin?

Oooh.........any chance you can post your other snaps from wherever this is? I spy a Firefly!!!!

GTX

What if the RAAF/CAC decided to fit the Allison engine of their P-40s to the CAC Boomerang to improve performance:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Or maybe a floatplane version was toyed with:

Regards,

Greg

Daryl J.

More more more more (etc., echoing into the sunset)

It's one of those shapes that begs for whiffery isn't it.

Daryl J.

sotoolslinger

I'll get you for this ;D Now I have to buy a Boomerang and a P-40 :banghead: :banghead:and a dang floatplane.
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland